We are seeking a detail-oriented tax professional who possesses an in-depth knowledge of business entity taxation and has some experience dealing with high-net-worth individuals to successfully perform the following responsibilities and duties:
· Accumulate, analyze and process financial accounting data in order to prepare tax returns, calculate estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax.
· Prepare and file Federal, State and Local tax returns for businesses, trusts, non-profits, estates and individuals.
· Assist Tax Partners and Mangers with gathering information and drafting a response for various IRS and State notices received by our clients.
· Gather financial information and prepare tax filings for various reporting requirements (Form 1099 MISC, Form 1042 and FBAR filings, etc.).
· Ensure client adherence to compliance related deadlines such as extensions, tax estimate requirements, tax return filings and other tax related services.
· Maintain communications with other team members on engagements regarding identified and ongoing tax issues and pending changes that may impact the client.
· Understand and research basic to moderately complex tax concepts and their application to client situations; document and communicate results with client after review with Tax Partners.
· Establish, maintain and grow our client base through superior client service, professionalism and results.
· Participate in trade, industry or professional groups including leadership positions providing the opportunity for professional growth and promotion of firm services.
· Identify expanded service opportunities with existing clients through client peer networking and communication with team members.
· Develop and nurture external referral networks for prospective clients.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
· Self-starter with high energy and positive attitude
· Excellent project management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong work ethic and professionalism
· Ability to inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
· Ability to use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required
· CPA Certification, Masters in Taxation or Enrolled Agent status is a plus
· 5 – 8 years of professional tax experience with an emphasis on small business taxation with increasing supervisory responsibilities
· Experience with Pro Series, Xero and Quickbooks is a plus
· Experience with Individual Tax Returns and high0net0worth clients is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
The position reports directly to:
· Tax Partners
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
$40,000 - $60,000 per year