We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Direct Support Professional (DSP) to provide In-Home High Intensity Support Services to people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional, you will play a crucial role in helping people achieve their goals and maintain their independence through Person-Centered Setting. This position is in the Home and Community-Based Services, and you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of others daily. The DSP will work closely with the person and their family to develop and implement a person-centered plan that promotes independence, safety, and quality of life.
· Provide direct support and assistance to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ensuring their physical and emotional well-being.
· Develop and implement person-centered care plans and goals, regularly evaluating progress through daily documentation.
· Support people in managing medications and following medical treatments.
· Assist with household tasks, including meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry.
· Coordinate and accompany people to medical appointments and social outings in their community.
· Foster a safe and supportive environment, promoting independence and self-advocacy.
· Provide direct care and support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in accordance with their person-centered plan.
· Assist people with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
· Administer medications and monitor health status as directed by the person's healthcare provider.
· Implement behavior support plans and provide crisis intervention as needed.
· Assist people with community integration and participation in social and recreational activities.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of services provided and progress towards goals.
· Attend and participate in team meetings and training sessions as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Minimum of one year of experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities or in a caregiving role preferred.
· Knowledge of person-centered planning, positive behavior support, and crisis intervention techniques.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
· Basic knowledge of medical conditions and ability to follow care plans.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
· Ability to lift and transfer people with assistance as needed.
· Ability to stand, walk, bend, and reach for extended periods of time.
· Ability to perform personal care tasks for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
If you have the required qualifications and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding position.
$18 - $22 per hour