To protect and promote the rights and dignity of the person(s) you support through building a committed relationship based on trust and supporting that person to become an active and valued member of their community.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Observe and respond to persons physical, social, behavioral and personal needs.
• Provide adequate supervision to people receiving support to facilitate their health and safety.
• Ensure a Community Integration Plan is developed and followed, and that this plan is meaningful and beneficial for the person.
• Attend and participate in all relevant Health & Joy Services, LLC events, workshops, training and meetings.
• Ensure responsible usage of the person and agency’s resources, e.g. vehicles, buildings, finances, etc.
• Support the person to achieve their highest potential and goals for community integration and contribution, relationship building, vocational exploration, self-determination, learning and personal
• Explore the interests and desires of the person being supported.
• Provide support in a manner which respects a person’s right to privacy and upholds their dignity.
• Demonstrate a person-centered practice, an understanding of and commitment to inclusion, and the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Maintain thorough records and documentation as required by DDS/DDA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Pass state background check
• CPR/First Aid
• Possess current TB results
• Ability to pass and maintain required trainings
Prior experience working with people with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
$16.1 - $16.1 per hour