Havenwood Nature School is an award winning preschool located on a beautiful, 15-acre property in Dripping Springs, TX. We offer our students a nature inspired curriculum that connects the natural world with their social, emotional, and intellectual growth. Havenwood teachers place nature at the heart of every program and incorporate Reggio principles as they help students explore the world of nature.
If you are energetic, hard-working, and committed to promoting the Havenwood philosophy, we would love to meet you.
- Introduce small groups of children to the Havenwood curriculum, using age-appropriate instructional materials, resources, activities, and objects found in nature.
- Observe and record child's progress as needed. Enter daily information into Parent/Guardian-Teacher App or on written documents as needed.
- Be willing to change diapers and assist with potty-training and related activities.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Encourage self-expression, social/emotional growth, and a lasting appreciation for nature and learning.
- Interact positively, respectfully, professionally with all members of the Havenwood Nature School community, including students, families, and fellow team members.
- Additional duties as required.
- This shift is Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Must successfully complete and pass required state/federal background checks and drug test.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience with actively engaging with babies and young children in a daycare, preschool, or elementary setting preferred. Babysitting experience OK!
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and classroom management skills.
- Must enjoy paint, silly songs, exploring the outdoors, and playing in the dirt (or mud kitchen).
- Able to navigate all areas of the classroom and school campus safely and quickly, including indoor and outdoor areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
- Hourly Range: $17.00- $18.00 based on experience, classroom assignment, and education.
- Earned Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays after 30 Days of Continued Employment including 2 weeks at Christmas.
- Paid CPR & First Aid Training
- Tuition Discount
- Low Classroom Ratios
- 401K with Match
- Vacation Giveaway for Attendance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Professional Childcare: 1 year (Preferred but not necessary)
Work Location: In person
Havenwood Nature School is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.