Hashbang, Inc. has grown exponentially from a garage indie game studio into a multifaceted games services organization, helping clients meet the needs of their global audiences. We have had fantastic success with our current partnerships with Microsoft, Square Enix Montreal, Replay, Inc, East Side Games, WAX, and more. We want to grow our team to achieve our 2022-2023 partner engagements and original titles roadmap.
Who We're Looking For
An expert software engineer excited to share their experience with our team. Someone who will work locally from our offices in Kenmore, WA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate design requirements into acceptance criteria that the team can execute
- Take ownership of essential features of the game
- Reproduce issues and create test cases for QA to improve our games' overall quality and stability.
- Promote engineering best practices and coding standards
- Partner with teammates to help estimate task efforts and plan appropriate sprint workloads
- Provide engineering support for live game operations as needed
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Mentor other engineers with technical guidance on approach and implementation
- Participate in Code Reviews and give guidance to other engineers. Be able to identify divergence from coding standards and best practices. Be able to identify conflicts and risks within the entire project. Be able to offer solutions to identified conflicts and risks.
- Know and use version control software such as Git, Perforce, or Plastic SCM
- Communicate effectively with your teammates
- Proven working experience in full lifecycle game development. Must have at least two previously shipped titles and 5+ years of relevant professional programming experience
- Proficiency with C# and Unity 2020 LTS or later
- Expertise in implementing the technical aspects of design documents
- Ability to architect solutions at various stages of development
- Knowledge of advanced techniques to build and customize solutions for complex requirements
- Ability to identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them using sustainable solutions
- Experience reviewing and evaluating code for clarity, structure, quality, and accuracy
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Expertise with mobile game development using C# and Unity on iOS and Android
- Experience developing games for consoles
- Experience developing AR or VR games.
- Experience with Backend Services such as PlayFab, Beamable, or Google Firebase
- Understanding of server authoritative feature design and implementation