Hashbang, Inc. has grown exponentially from a garage indie game studio into a multifaceted games services organization, helping clients meet the needs of their global audiences. We have had fantastic success with our current partnerships with Microsoft, Square Enix Montreal, Replay, Inc, East Side Games, WAX, and more. We want to grow our team to achieve our 2022-2023 partner engagements and original titles roadmap.
What We're Looking For
An amicable software engineer ready to lead a team of software engineers in building games.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate design requirements into acceptance criteria that your engineering team can execute against.
- Take ownership of the technical design of the game
- Lead estimation and sprint planning
- Report your team’s progress to Technical Directors and company leadership.
- Lead code reviews and give guidance to other engineers. Be able to identify divergence from coding standards and best practices. Be able to identify conflicts and risks within the entire project. Be able to offer solutions to identified conflicts and risks
- Know and use version control software such as Git, Perforce, or Plastic SCM
- Communicate effectively with your team
- Proven working experience in full lifecycle game development. Must have at least two previously shipped titles and 5+ years of relevant professional programming experience.
- Proficiency with C# and Unity 2020 LTS or later
- Expertise in designing the technical aspects of design documents
- Experience reviewing and evaluating code for clarity, structure, quality, and accuracy
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Expertise with mobile game development using C# and Unity on iOS and Android
- Experience developing games for consoles
- Experience developing AR or VR games
- Experience with Backend Services such as PlayFab, Beamable, or Google Firebase
- Understanding of server authoritative feature design and implementation