Hashbang, Inc. has grown exponentially from a garage indie game studio into a multifaceted games services organization helping clients meet the needs of their global audiences. We have had fantastic success with our current partnerships with Microsoft, Square Enix Montreal, Replay, Inc, East Side Games, WAX io, and more. We want to grow our team to achieve our 2022-2023 partner engagements and original titles roadmap.
What We're Looking For
Energetic candidates at the start of their career in the game industry who have some hands-on experience building games in C# and Unity. We would love to see the personal project you’ve been working on!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate requirements into clean and efficient code
- Participate in code reviews and give guidance to other engineers. Be able to identify divergence from coding standards and best practices
- Estimate, plan, and execute against tasks in tracking software (i.e. Jira, Favro, etc.)
- Work in person at our office.
- Proficient with C# and Unity.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of Unity and C# development environments. (i.e. what is the difference between a class and an interface? What is a MonoBehavior?)
- Must be able to debug simple coding problems on the fly
- Ability to estimate, plan, and execute against tasks in tracking software (i.e. Jira, Favro, etc.)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of practical experience as a Software Engineer. Must be able to showcase a project they've worked on as a programmer, even if it never made it to market or was completed.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience developing games for consoles
- Experience developing AR or VR games.
- Experience with Backend Services such as PlayFab, Beamable, or Google Firebase.
- Understanding of server authoritative feature design and implementation.