The Board registered Marriage and Family Therapist Associate or Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (Oregon) will offer counseling and mental health services within the marital and family context. We specialize in maternal mental health and paternal mental health. The person in this position will need to be willing to work with individuals or couples with children between the ages of 0-7. Services may include evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness and other psychological issues, as well as couples counseling. Services may be provided via telehealth, in-person at the office or in the field. This position primarily works with insurance-based clientele, commercial insurance and Medicaid.
· Hybrid: Must be able to provide services via telehealth at the comfort of your own home and in-person at the office
· Flexible schedule
· Must reside in Oregon or Washington state (Portland metro or Vancouver area). Washington state residents must be board registered to serve Oregon clients.
· Weekly complimentary onsite supervision at no cost to the supervisee
· In the event there is an additional off-site supervisor, the onsite supervisor must be the primary supervisor throughout the course of employment.
· Adherence to supervision guideline set forth by state board or governing organization, as applicable.
· Registration with state and/or national association, and adherence to legal and ethical standards set forth by such associations.
· Provides marital and family counseling including relationship, premarital, separation, divorce, and child counseling services.
· Provides individual therapy, family therapy, couples therapy, group therapy
· Provide training and psychoeducation within a workshop or conference setting.
· Gathers and analyzes information on family members through a variety of methods that may include observation, interviews, self-report inventories, group discussions, and/or formal assessments.
· Identifies problematic behavioral, communication, and relationship patterns.
· Collaborates with the family and/or individual family members to develop plans to positively manage and respond to issues; assists clients with replacing unhealthy or dysfunctional behaviors with healthy choices.
· Assists clients in developing new or strengthened communication skills and methods.
· Provides expert insight on how family dynamics affect psychological health.
· Diagnoses and applies appropriate treatments for psychological disorders.
· Identifies and provides appropriate psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and/or the entire family.
· Collaborates with clients to develop post-treatment activity plans.
· Refers clients to specialists for further treatment as appropriate.
· Develops and maintains accurate records regarding case progress, evaluations, and any further treatment recommendations.
· Drafts necessary paperwork to be submitted to insurance companies.
· Maintains compliance with ethical codes and standards.
· Maintains compliance to Medicaid (Medical) and commercial insurance documentation standard.
· Contribute to company’s online presence in written, audio, or video format (i.e., blog, YouTube channel).
· Attend all staff and clinical meetings.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Ability to provide services within a cultural framework
· Ability to work effectively with those who may identify as people of color, mixed race/multi-ethnic/multi-cultural, interfaith, Christians, Jews, Muslims, and/or any other religion.
· Ability and willingness to provide services within a spiritual and/or faith-based framework.
· Ability to connect with clients from shared personal life experience (i.e., mom/dad, husband/wife/partner, ethnic, culture, immigrant, or faith)
· Superior verbal and written communication skills.
· Compassionate and empathetic with a strong ability to establish and build trust.
· Excellent listening skills.
· Ability to remain calm and reassuring in tense situations and to de-escalate arguments.
· Thorough understanding of human behavior, various behavioral and affective disorders, and the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of these disorders.
· Organizational skills required to manage complex, deadline-driven paperwork including billing and insurance claims.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficient with Electronic Health Records, cloud-based system, and online work.
· Thorough understanding of applicable ethical codes and standards.
· Willingness to work within a setting where staff and clients may all have different religion, beliefs, values, and social lifestyle, regardless of the Judeo-Christian values of the owner.
· Bilingual in Haitian Creole, French or Spanish
· Bilingual in any other languages
· Spiritually informed or spiritually discerned
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or other mental health related field
· Current and active registration with the state board as an associate
· Minimum of 1 year experience including practicum
· Maintenance of malpractice insurance
· Prolonged periods sitting, listening, and observing or working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
$50 - $50 per hour