The Restaurant Manager's (Food & Beverage Manager's) responsibilities include ordering supplies based on needs, managing vendor contracts, invoice reconciliation (and approval), managing inventory levels and supporting in supervising restaurant performance, including the staff. This role will help minimize operating costs, improve inventory efficiency and deliver a positive F&B/dining/private event experience for our guests, while maintaining the standards of health and safety.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with restaurant operations (preferably within hotels). You should also be available to work within opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Support in coordinating daily operations of the restaurant
- Support in coordinating private events
- Assess staffing requirements and recruit staff when needed
- Onboard and train staff, review performance and support in basic HR personnel-related duties
- Implement standard operating procedures and adjust as appropriate
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in partnership with the hotel GM and Chef
- Keep records of and actively participate in health and safety practices
- Support with ensuring compliance with hotel and restaurant in coordination with hotel GM
- Ensure alcohol regulations are adhered to, including ServSafe training for all employees
- Support with analyzing food and beverage costs and help assign menu prices for specials and menu changes in coordination with the Chef
- Ensure proper collection and organization of total restaurant receipts and reconcile with sales, in accordance policies
- Ensure cash management and tip procedures are completed accurately
- Support in establishing and implementing financial controls
- Support in organizing and supervising marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain business records, prepare and analyze management reports
- Facilitate the ordering of food, beverage, and nonfood supplies
- Arrange for maintenance and repairs of equipment as needed
Ideal Qualifications & Experience
- Previous restaurant management experience preferred
- Previous hospitality experience, ideally in food and beverage management
- In-depth working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages sales; in-depth working knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Experience in staff management and development
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience in analyzing financial data, knowledge of planning and forecasting, track record of managing inventory and cost control
- Experience in administrative tasks
- General knowledge of computer systems, PMS, POS, and Google Drive.
While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.