Hiring Hotel Housekeeping Room & Public Area Attendants for boutique hotel in the heart of Greenport Village
WHO WE ARE
GREENPORTER HOTEL www.greenporterhotel.com
Surrounded by Long Island’s Wine Country, the beautiful ocean and within steps to the historic harbor front, The Greenporter is a charming vintage boutique hotel located in the heart of Greenport Village.
The Greenporter Hotel is managed by Life House – an operations, branding, and software company with a mission to make travel more accessible, by making hotels easier to operate with proprietary tech-enabled systems. From hotel operations to F&B, we will provide you the tools and resources to do your job in a more fun and easy way, so you can focus on what matters most: the guest experience.
We are hiring housekeeping room attendants, house persons / public area attendants to join our team and provide excellent customer service to our hotel guests. This is a fast-paced job and requires a lot of energy and attention to detail.
• Room attendants / Housekeeping
• House persons / Public Area Attendants
Room Attendant Responsibilities:
• Change bed linens and make beds
• Replace used towels and clean bathrooms
• Sweep and mop floors
• Vacuum carpets
• Dust furniture
• Replenish bath amenities
• Restock beverages and food items in the mini-bar
• Clean public areas, like corridors and lobby areas
• Report any technical issues and maintenance needs
• Address guests’ needs as they arise
• Ensure all assigned rooms are clean and perfectly set by the end of each shift
• Follow hotel security guidelines
House Person Responsibilities:
• Cleaning and maintaining all hotel public areas, storage rooms, and offices.
• Cleaning guest rooms upon request.
• Running supplies and service items to guest rooms as requested.
• Cleaning and maintaining all public areas, hallways, and food & beverage spaces.
• Distributing linens and supplies to appropriate locations.
• Vacuuming floors and discarding garbage. Cleaning hallway restrooms and staff restrooms.
• Completing projects as determined by the head of housekeeping or GM for the property
• Addresses issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Additional duties as required by position
• Hiring for full-time and part-time
• Seasonal Positions Available – Ability to work: April/May through September/October
• Able to work weekends, holidays or special events, as required
• Strong organizational abilities
• Excellent guest service skills with a genuine desire to be helpful
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills and creative thinking
• Flexibility to jump in and assist other departments when necessary
• An ability to lift 50 lbs. if necessary and able to climb stairs with ease
• Previous hotel experience preferred, but not required
• Warm, accessible and genuine personalities
• Natural connector who thrives on bringing people together and creating a sense of community
We provide excellent training for our Room & Public Area Attendants with our proprietary technology, and we aim in providing our guests with the utmost care and service.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume for consideration. Please be sure to include your phone number and email. EMAIL: [email protected]
• Full-time / Part-time / Seasonal
• $16 - $20 per hour (commensurate of experience)
• Housing available for qualified candidates
• Paid time off
• Holiday pay
• Referral program
• Staff Meals
• Hotel employee discounts at any of our 50+ properties
• 8-hour shifts
• Seasonal Positions Available – April/May through September/October
• Day and evening shifts available
• Holidays and weekend availability may be required
• Monday to Sunday work weeks
• On call shifts if necessary
• Hotel: 1 year (preferred)
• Restaurant / F&B: 1 year (a plus)
• Morning 7am-3pm
• Afternoon 3pm-11pm
• Greenport, NY
• EMAIL RESUME: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
$16 - $20 per hour