We believe juice should be super fresh and that drinking your fruits and vegetables doesn’t have to be bland or boring. We have three local stores where we connect customers with products that are insanely delicious and powerfully nutritious. We sell cold pressed juices, cashew milks and freshly packaged salads made at our warehouse in Sterling, VA. In our shops we make superfood focused smoothies and smoothie bowls as well as our Signature Waffle. We take pride in the products we make as well as the environment we’ve created with a distinct, comfortable and clean aesthetic. Our team is welcoming and friendly. Our interactions are genuine and tailored to each customer’s needs. Our goal is to always leave guests feeling better after they leave our shop than when they walked in.
As an Assistant Manager you:
- Are a leader. You see the big picture and are comfortable prioritizing tasks and assigning them to the team.
- Love to train. You share your knowledge and passion for Greenheart products with those around you.
- Take pride in your work, the menu items you make, and how you conduct yourself in the shop.
- Rally the team and have a contagious, can-do attitude.
- Are a quick and adaptive learner.
- Have excellent communication skills, are direct, honest and kind.
- Always calm under pressure, you can handle a rush of customers like a pro.
- As a multi-tasker you can focus on the order you are making and still turn around to greet an incoming customer.
- Lead by example by always reporting to work on time and in uniform. We provide a Greenheart t-shirt and apron, you keep them clean.
Job responsibilities, you:
- Set the standard for customer service. You connect guests with products that suit their tastes and best meet their needs.
- Ensure guests are provided samples of juices, milks, salads or waffles.
- Supervise the opening of the kitchen, setting up ingredients and prep stations to make smoothies, bowls and waffles.
- Work alongside team members, carefully following recipes to create our in-shop menu items with a focus on accuracy, consistency and presentation.
- Make sure the kitchen is kept clean by helping to wash dishes and wipe down countertops and blenders between orders. Always complying with food safety regulations.
- Use the POS system to quickly and accurately check out guests.
- Oversee daily delivery, assisting drivers with shipment, unpacking coolers and stocking retail fridges, organizing by item and date, checking the invoice for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage online inventory, seeing that it is updated to reflect current product availability through the day.
- Place orders to replenish shop ingredients and supplies.
- Evaluate scheduled coverage, cutting or adding (extending) shifts as needed in response to business needs.
- Help to maintain presentation standards of the retail cases by keeping the bottles organized, front and center and in the correct chronological order.
- Supervise end of day duties including closing the kitchen and cleaning the shop.
- Conduct daily end of day inventory count.
- Provide feedback to the shop manager.
- Partner with the team at HQ to solve delivery and customer order issues quickly and efficiently.
- You must physically be able to lift 40 pounds.
- You must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- You must be able to read and comprehend information and follow instructions accurately and effectively.
We are seeking a Weekend Closing Manager to work the following shifts each weekend:
Sunday 11:30am - 5:30pm
Food service or retail sales experience is preferred.
Management or leadership experience is preferred.
A steady, stable employment track record.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to build relationships with guests, team members and management.
Compensation: competitive plus tips
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the hiring manager.