- We are seeking an experienced and highly-qualified STEM Tutor with expertise in a range of STEM topics, including:
- Biology, Environmental Science, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics
- The person in this position reports to the Director of Tutoring and manages a personal schedule with clients.
- This is a PART-TIME hourly position. Hours depend on client load and tutor availability.
- This is an IN-PERSON position (tutoring instruction takes place at clients’ homes, typically throughout West Los Angeles) with many opportunities for remote work with students who live both locally and throughout the country.
- Specialize in at least two of the above mentioned STEM topics through the AP level.
- At least 2 years of verifiable experience either a) working for a reputable tutoring company or b) working as a teacher at an accredited high school or college/university
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of AP exams, exam structure, and exam preparation
- Extremely reliable, friendly, and confident–no wallflowers! We only hire people with upbeat, outgoing personalities
- Demonstrated passion for helping students excel in school and reach their full potential
- Available after school and on weekends
- Access to personal laptop for sessions
- Access to reliable internet connection
- Reliable transportation for in-person sessions
Preferred but not required
- Teaching credential
- A degree from a top university
- Postgraduate degree(s)
- Application process includes:
- Short screening exam for the subject(s) you intend to tutor (e.g. portions of an AP test); materials will be sent to you beforehand
- Teach-back lesson
- This is a part-time, hourly position with a compensation range of $45-$60 per hour for remote services and a range of $55-$75 for in-person services. This also includes the opportunity to participate in a referral bonus program.
- Materials and resources provided to both tutor and student
- Interviews are held virtually
Eligible employees can participate in certain benefits including but not limited to:
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid sick time
- Technology stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid training
- Regular professional development courses
- Opportunities to contribute to various projects (e.g. curriculum production, writing blog posts)
- Opportunities for growth and promotion to a full-time position