Description of role
Grapefruit Health is a brand new healthcare company that aims to bring health-focused interactions to millions of patients and reduce issues like access to care. We do this by recruiting and training clinical students like you to perform remote interactions with patients using our specialized software to do so.
We are happy to announce that we are launching a new project with Sinai Urban Health Institute (SUHI)! We are seeking 25 nursing students (10 fluent in speaking Spanish) to work with us. You’ll have the ability to utilize clinical skill sets and communication processes you’ve learned in your nursing program to gain experience in conducting telephonic interactions with pre-diabetic patients. You’ll be a part of a multidisciplinary team working to enroll patients in a diabetic education program. Each student will commit to a minimum of 2-3 hours of telephonic patient encounters per week for 10 to 12 weeks.
Value Adds for You
- Builds your resume with healthcare experience prior to graduating from nursing school
- Paid internships in nursing are rare
- Able to work when it is convenient for you
- Develop skills in communication with patients
- Improve your confidence in interacting with patients
- Networking with healthcare leaders in innovation within healthcare
- Satisfaction of helping patients take steps to improve their health
- Gain connections with healthcare organizations for potential nursing positions in the future
- Learn new web-based application for patient interactions
Major Job Responsibilities
- Dedicated to engaging in 20 call attempts per week resulting in approximately 6-9 patient interactions.
- Ability to successfully converse with patients to assess readiness to engage in diabetic education program through SUHI.
- Perform interactions/assessments with patients remotely over the phone while using software
- Identify and then escalate findings that are determined to be of concern to a patient's emergency contact. Document patient interaction findings within the software.
- Adhere to all Grapefruit Health’s policies and guidelines
- Protect the confidentiality and privacy of all patient information
- Adhere to HIPAA standards
- Have fun!
- Current Nursing Student
- At least in the second semester of nursing school
- Access to personal computer/tablet and personal cell phone with voice calling
- Ability to work in a quiet environment, free of distractions
- Engaging and positive conversationalist, really enjoy speaking with people or have a strong desire to work on their speaking skills
- Interest in working with patients remotely
- Fluent in speaking Spanish
- Two in-person clinical rotations
- GPA greater than 3.0
Required with Submission
- Two-minute video explaining why you would be a good fit for Grapefruit Health and why you think learning how to perform care telephonically is important to prepare you to become a clinician.
- Please email me your video at [email protected]