Description of Role
Grapefruit Health is a healthcare company that is addressing the massive staffing shortage in healthcare by recruiting, training, and managing clinical students to perform remote interactions with patients using our specialized software to do so. Patients get the care they need, healthcare organizations can do much more, and students get to learn while they earn. It is a win-win-win!
We are currently seeking additional clinical students to come work with us. This can be any clinical student type including, but not limited to nursing, pharmacy, social work, medical assistant, certified nursing assistants, and more. You’ll have the ability to utilize the clinical skill sets and communication processes you’ve learned in your clinical program by conducting telephonic interactions with patients. Each student will commit to a minimum of 40 telephonic patient encounters per week.
Required with Submission
- Two-minute or less video explaining why you would be a good fit for Grapefruit Health and why you think learning how to perform care telephonically is important to prepare you to become a clinician. These do not need to be very formal and are mostly for us to evaluate your communication style. Be yourself and have fun with it!
- Please email your video to [email protected]
- Please utilize your personal email when applying since school addresses sometimes can get blocked.
What you will gain from the experience
- Builds your resume with healthcare experience before graduating from school
- Flexibility to work around your schedule
- Develop new skills in communicating with patients
- Improve your confidence in interacting with patients
- Network with healthcare leaders in innovation
- Satisfaction in helping patients take steps to improve their health
- Gain connections with healthcare organizations for potential positions in the future
- Learn a new web-based application for patient interactions
Major Job Responsibilities
- Dedicated to engaging in 40 call attempts per week resulting in approximately 12-18 patient interactions.
- Ability to successfully converse with patients
- Perform interactions/assessments with patients remotely over the phone while using software
- Escalate concerns for patient safety
- Adhere to all Grapefruit Health’s policies and guidelines
- Protect the confidentiality and privacy of all patient information
- Adhere to HIPAA standards
- Have fun!
- Must be a current clinical student
- Must have access to personal computer/tablet and personal cell phone with voice calling
- Ability to work in a quiet environment, free of distractions
- Engaging and positive conversationalist, really enjoy speaking with people or have a strong desire to work on their speaking skills
- Interest in working with patients remotely
- Two in-person clinical rotations
- GPA greater than 3.0