We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Tax Manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of at least 5-7 years in tax return drafting and reviewing, with a comprehensive understanding of both individual and business tax returns. The Tax Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and compliance of our clients' tax filings while managing a team of professionals. While a CPA is preferred, it is not mandatory; however, the candidate must hold an Enrolled Agent (EA) certification. The Tax Manager will report directly to the firm's Tax Compliance Partner and work closely with clients, team members, and other departments to deliver exceptional tax services.
- Collecting relevant tax forms from clients, including W-2s and financial statements
- Informing clients throughout the tax preparation process
- Inputting data from financial records and tax forms into tax return software (Lacerte)
- Completing and self-reviewing tax returns
- Oversight of junior tax return preparers
- Acting as the client relationship contact throughout the return process
- Building customer relationships to promote and expand business
- Proficiency in preparing individual and business tax returns (1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in Lacerte tax software is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and keep organized files for many clients at once
- EA (minimum requirement), CPA or JD is a plus
- Experience managing at least 1 direct report
- Retirement plan options
- Health insurance
- Life & LTD insurance
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work environment
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunity to work on advanced financial transactions with tech-savvy clients such as those in cryptocurrency – no day is the same!
- A culture that emphasizes teamwork but rewards individual performance. We want to help you accomplish your personal goals.
- Be a part of a growing company with opportunities for individual career advancement