The Tax Accounting Internship Program is designed to provide accounting students with practical experience in tax preparation, financial statement analysis, and accounting services. This 12-week internship will enable students to work closely with our seasoned professionals, gain valuable industry knowledge, and contribute to real-world projects. This internship is available year round.
- To provide interns with hands-on experience in tax accounting.
- To expose interns to the latest tools and technologies used in the industry.
- To develop professional skills and industry connections through networking opportunities.
- To assess interns for potential full-time employment upon completion of their studies.
The program will be divided into four phases, as follows:
Phase 1: Orientation and Training
- Introduction to the firm, its culture, and core values
- Overview of the tax and financial statement accounting services provided
- Training on relevant accounting software and tools
- Introduction to tax regulations, financial reporting standards, and compliance
Phase 2: Project-Based Learning
- Interns will be assigned to a specific team within the tax and financial statement department
- Teams will work on real-world projects related to tax preparation, financial statement analysis, and accounting services
- Interns will receive mentorship and guidance from experienced team members
Phase 3: Cross-Functional Exposure
- Interns will rotate through different departments to gain a broader understanding of the firm’s operations
- Exposure to areas such as tax advisory, financial planning, and risk management
Phase 4: Presentation and Evaluation
- Interns will present their project findings and contributions to senior management
- Performance evaluations and feedback will be provided by mentors and team leaders
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the tax and financial statement accounting field
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate accounting program, with a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Demonstrated interest in tax and financial statement accounting
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay for the duration of the internship
- Opportunity for academic credit, subject to university approval
- Possibility of full-time employment upon completion of the internship and graduation
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and potential mentors