The Marketing Internship Program is designed to provide students with practical experience in marketing, focusing on content creation, graphic design, SEO, social media, email marketing, and analytics. This 12-week internship will allow students to work closely with our experienced professionals, gain valuable industry knowledge, and contribute to real-world projects. This internship is available year round.
- To provide interns with hands-on experience in marketing, including content creation, graphic design, SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, and analytics.
- To expose interns to the latest tools and technologies used in the marketing industry.
- To develop professional skills and industry connections through networking opportunities.
- To assess interns for potential full-time employment upon completion of their studies.
The program will be divided into five phases, as follows:
Phase 1: Orientation and Training (2 weeks)
- Introduction to the firm, its culture, and core values
- Overview of marketing department and its functions
- Training on 1-3 core services and/or audiences that you will focus on for the duration of your internship
Phase 2: Market Research (2 weeks)
- Conduct in-depth research on 1 target audience using client interviews, research tools, and competitor analysis. Discover which services and selling points are likely to appeal to them the most
- Identify the best marketing channels to successfully reach this audience, including online communities, podcasts, YouTube channels, newsletters, and in-person events
- Create a report on findings and present to marketing team
- Assist with additional research as needed
Phase 3: Content Marketing Campaign (3 weeks)
- Develop written, video, and visual content that will resonate with our target audience and drive leads. The content will be adapted for our website, social media, newsletter, and in-person events
- Obtain hands-on training with all necessary tools to complete this campaign
- Begin assisting with video editing and graphics creation as needed
Phase 4: Analysis and Adjustment (4 weeks)
- Analyze the performance of your content marketing campaign across all channels. Identify areas for improvement and present your findings to the marketing team
- Adjust campaigns as needed or A/B test variations of your content
- Identify and execute on additional ways to reach your target audience, which may include developing additional content
Phase 5: Final Analysis (2 weeks)
- Analyze overall campaign performance, including any A/B testing factors
- Determine which marketing channels and campaign tactics were successful and which were not, with an analysis of possible causes
- Present findings and recommendations to the marketing team
- Communications, marketing, journalism, graphic design students all welcome
- Juniors & Seniors, with 2.75 GPA minimum
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay for the duration of the internship
- Opportunity for academic credit, subject to school approval
- Possibility of full-time employment upon completion of the internship and graduation
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and potential mentors