We are seeking a Cryptocurrency Accountant to join our team and help our clients review their cryptocurrency transactions, prepare cryptocurrency gains & losses reports and make sure they stay compliant with the IRS. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the crypto industry, accounting principles, and related tax regulations.
- Reconcile cryptocurrency records to create financial and tax reporting.
- Trace transactions through public ledgers/blockchain.
- Work directly with clients to obtain information needed to classify complex cryptocurrency transactions.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions, reconciliations, and reporting of cryptocurrency activity.
- Coordinate with internal tax advisors to ensure timely and accurate preparation of tax filings related to cryptocurrencies.
- Help develop accounting processes for novel cryptocurrency transactions.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments regarding accounting and tax implications of cryptocurrency transactions.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- General understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- General understanding of cryptocurrency accounting principles, including FIFO, LIFO, and specific identification.
- Knowledge of tax regulations related to cryptocurrencies, including cost basis and capital gains tax.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with clients and with other departments.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure.
- Retirement plan options
- Health insurance
- Life & LTD insurance
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work environment
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunity to work on advanced financial transactions with tech-savvy clients such as those in cryptocurrency – no day is the same!
- A culture that emphasizes teamwork but rewards individual performance. We want to help you accomplish your personal goals.
- Be a part of a growing company with opportunities for individual career advancement