The Corporate Law Internship Program is designed to provide law students with practical experience in corporate law, focusing on contracts, compliance reviews, and dispute resolution. This 12-week internship will allow students to work closely with our experienced legal professionals, gain valuable industry knowledge, and contribute to real-world projects. This internship is available year round.
- To provide interns with hands-on experience in corporate law, specifically in contract drafting, compliance reviews, and dispute resolution.
- To expose interns to the latest tools and technologies used in the legal industry.
- To develop professional skills and industry connections through networking opportunities.
- To assess interns for potential full-time employment upon completion of their studies.
The program will be divided into four phases, as follows:
Phase 1: Orientation and Training
- Introduction to the firm, its culture, and core values
- Overview of the tax and financial statement accounting services provided
- Training on legal research tools, drafting techniques, and case management software
- Introduction to relevant laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
Phase 2: Project-Based Learning
- Interns will be assigned to a specific team within the corporate law department
- Teams will work on real-world projects related to contract drafting, compliance reviews, and dispute resolution
- Interns will receive mentorship and guidance from experienced legal professionals
Phase 3: Cross-Functional Exposure
- Interns will rotate through different practice areas to gain a broader understanding of the firm’s legal services
- Exposure to areas such as mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, and employment law
Phase 4: Presentation and Evaluation
- Interns will present their project findings and contributions to senior management
- Performance evaluations and feedback will be provided by mentors and team leaders
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the tax and financial statement accounting field
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program, with a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Interest in corporate law, contracts, compliance, and/or dispute resolution
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive hourly pay for the duration of the internship
- Opportunity for academic credit, subject to law school approval
- Possibility of full-time employment upon completion of the internship and graduation
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and potential mentors