Goalsetter is on a mission to support 1 Million American children on their personal finance journey. To do so, it is imperative that we define and execute a funding strategy that develops the financial resources needed to achieve impact at this scale. The VP of Education Partnerships is directly responsible for securing revenue in the form of corporate donor stewardship which will be used to provide Goalsetter’s personal finance curriculum and personal finance app to school systems across the country. As a member of the leadership team, this role will be a key contributor to the company’s overall direction, growth, and outcomes. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, the VP of Education Partnerships will ensure education programs are implemented with a results-driven focus and executed with integrity. The person in this role must be an experienced and accomplished fundraising professional, an empathic and effective leader, and above all, passionate about equitable education. This person will also have experience raising funds for education initiatives with demonstrated success supporting fundraising efforts for urban and diverse school and community settings.
- Management & Leadership
- Directs the execution of the vision, strategic planning, financial management, team structure, fundraising, and grantmaking operations that support the overall objectives of a foundation.
- Spearhead all fundraising efforts in line with Goalsetter values and larger strategic objectives.
- Represents Goalsetter to the public and media to communicate its mission,values, and accomplishments.
- Manage, coach, and develop the Education Partnership team members which include donor stewardship, K12 sales, and K12 implementation.
- Fundraising and Partner Stewardship
Define the strategic goals and tactics for fundraising campaigns and program initiatives including the development and execution of a Go–to-Market strategy.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects, creating cultivation and solicitation plans aligning organizational needs with the corporation's philanthropic interests and objectives.
- Maintain positive relationships with foundation stakeholders, including the board of directors, grantees, community leaders, donors, and prospective donors.
- Supervise development team members use of donor database management ensuring accurate records of foundation-based activities.
- Education Program Execution
- Manages education programs and initiatives that align with the Goalsetter’s mission and values .
- Implements systems for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the Goalsetter’s grantmaking and programs.
- Oversee program engagement and drive customers to high usage of Goalsetter resources.
- Supervise and support the Senior Director of Education Partnerships who is responsible for K12 program implementation and engagement.
- Requires 5+ years of managerial experience, preferably with cross functional teams and external partnership experience
- Proficient in corporate donation strategies that positions the organization to achieve regional and national partnership goals.
- Experience with CRA initiatives
- Experience working with or in a foundation-related capacity, particularly in an education-related field, with knowledge of the corporate donor base for education-related initiatives
- Experience fundraiser or revenue generator with knowledge of skills and systems to manage funding and revenue activity
- Requires a bachelor's degree