The Office Manager will report to the Assistant Principal/School Sustainability Manager with a dotted line to the Principal and Executive Director. The Office Manager is the face of the school and the first person our students, parents, community, and school staff meet when they come in person or call the school. The Office Manager responds to all incoming inquiries via phone, email, or in-person, helps facilitate student enrollment and related compliance tracking, assists in the procurement of supplies and inventory tracking, assists in financial record keeping and is in charge of school food service including ordering, prepping, and compliance tracking. In addition, the Office Manager is flexible in their day to day duties to help ensure the needs of the students, staff, families and all stakeholders are being met. The Office Manager will help ensure that the GEMS office is running smoothly for staff and students.
● Handles all incoming communications and interactions for the school - whether in person, email, or via phone. This includes greeting families and potential families, responding to questions, and escorting visitors.
● Manages Infinite Campus (IC) for the school. This includes managing existing student records, and attendance, as well as new student registrations including following up with parents for registration requirements.
● Manage all student attendance records within Infinite Campus and in paper copy as required by the State to ensure compliance with audits.
● Maintain student cumulative folders. Requesting new student records as needed or releasing student records ensuring proper paperwork is received each time. Manage WeBiz/student immunization records.
● Facilitates our student drop-offs and pickups daily - as the face of our school, the Office Manager greets our students as they arrive and wishes them well as they depart. This also includes organizing any early release of students in accordance with school policy.
● Manage Health Office in conjunction with the AP, Principal, and ED. This includes giving medicine, taking temperatures, providing bandages to students. In addition, documenting in IC, contact family, give out forms, look through forms of students with medical needs and coordinate with a SESS nurse. Inventory medical supplies and complete a PO when low.
● Assist with translating from Spanish to English/English to Spanish for Administration, school staff, and families.
● Organize and file financial/accounting and vendor documents for the school ensuring documents are easily found and properly secured.
● Create Purchase Orders for supplies for approval in accordance with school policy (cleaning, office and school supplies, etc.)
● Receive and inventory all supplies, textbooks, computers, etc. upon receipt ensuring quantities ordered and pricing match purchase orders. Reconcile any discrepancies with vendors and escalate issues to the ED.
● Receive and record any cash contributed to the school for various reasons - sale of swag, donations, etc. Maintain all cash in the safe until ready to deposit.
● Create bank deposit slips every Friday (if cash is on site) and present reconciliation to the ED for review, approval, and for ED to deposit.
● Serve as the point person for internal IT issues for school staff and work with the IT service provider, AP, Principal, or ED.
● Assist in maintaining the school website and making updates when needed.
● Assist in maintaining school policies to revise as things change or new requests need to be facilitated.
● Manage the school lunch program including all ordering and reporting requirements to ensure student needs are met and school complies.
● Oversee all records management in accordance with charter school requirements related to Title 1 and other compliance requests as assigned by the AP, Principal, and ED.
● Fluency in Spanish.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Previous experience in an Office Environment preferred.
● Basic Accounting or Bookkeeping preferred.
● Strong organizational and planning skills.
● Attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Self-starter and ability to help organize and establish processes and procedures.
● Experience working in education organizations desired.
● Demonstrates persistence in overcoming and removing obstacles to achieve school and personal goals.
● Demonstrates a drive, commitment and sense of urgency that inspires others to achieve results. Shows commitment to the mission of our school and demonstrates passion for empowering young women to reach their full potential.
● Proactively approaches others with a view to engage in dialogue and build strong working relationships.
● Recognizes people who may be of critical importance to achievement of one’s objectives and involves them and gets their input.
$32,000 - $38,000 per year