Lead Groomer for Rapidly Growing, Locally-Owned Routine Dog Care and Grooming location. Minimal Bathing and opportunity to Develop New Trimmers.
Sign on Bonus $1,000 (paid over time)
Hourly $22-27 per hour (including tips)
Total Compensation $53,000 - $57,000 annually
Paid Time Off, Health Benefits and Retirement Plan Available, Minimal Bathing, Small Business Owner, Career Growth
Who We Are
Scenthound is not your everyday dog grooming shop. We are a revolutionary concept disrupting an outdated industry, focused on the dog’s overall health and wellness, not just haircuts! Our membership-based business model allows dogs to receive routine maintenance and consistent care. At Scenthound, we are a culture-driven, highly collaborative team that prioritizes dog and employee safety. Through our North Star and values, we inspire the dog-human connection by helping dog parents maintain clean, healthy dogs.
We remove barriers so that people can love and connect with their dogs every day.
Dog First. One Pack. Bring Love. Seek Growth. Make A Difference.
About the Position
With plans for multiple locations in Cherokee County if you desire growth, this is the role for you. The Lead Groomer/Multi-Unit Grooming Supervisor in Training is an integral position at Scenthound, offering expert grooming knowledge, providing leadership to a team of groomers and bathers, and facilitating training to new groomers. This position requires:
· At least 2 years of grooming experience or graduation from a grooming school
· Knowledge of dog breeds, their grooming and care standards, and tools of the trade
· Strength to lift up to 70 pounds; stamina to stand for long periods of time
· Reliable transportation
· Willingness to work in a smoke-free environment
Who We Are Looking For
Do you love grooming but don’t want to groom every day and instead teach and coach others? This is the role for you. We are searching for a confident dog groomer who loves teaching their passion to others! We do only one cut – a puppy cut in five different lengths.
A successful Lead Groomer is knowledgeable, perceptive, patient, adaptable, and a compassionate dog lover! We are looking for a motivating leader who can assess the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of their team members to provide effective learning opportunities. The goal for this role is to limit the amount of actual grooming required, instead the focus is on developing others to become trimmers, supervising trimmers in position, and ensuring dog and employee safety at all times.
· Groom to Scenthound standards while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the grooming and bathing teams
· Create an environment conducive to learning, open communication, and teamwork
· Teach new groomers the Scenthound standards; provide ongoing coaching and mentorship
· Identify when/ where help is needed and provide assistance to keep Scenter on schedule
· Ensure safety of dogs and team members at all times
· Adhere to Scenthound sanitary and cleaning practices
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Scenter Manager
Skills and Abilities
· Effective communication with team members and dog parents
· Leadership, coaching, mentorship
· Attention to detail
· Ability to self-critique; hold oneself and others to high standards of grooming
· Competitive compensation plan that includes salary, bonuses, tips, and paid vacation
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
· 401(k) available with match
· Merit-based pay increases