Educate, share and sell our dog wellness services to provide dog parents the best service possible
Who We Are
Scenthound is not your everyday dog grooming shop. We are a revolutionary concept disrupting an outdated industry, focused on the dog’s overall health and wellness, not only haircuts! Our membership-based business model allows dogs to receive routine maintenance and consistent care. At Scenthound, we are a culturally driven, highly collaborative team that prioritizes dog and employee safety. Through our North Star and values, we inspire the dog-human connection by helping dog parents maintain clean, healthy dogs. If you share our values, we’d love to hear from you!
We remove barriers so that people can love and connect with their dogs every day.
Dog First. One Pack. Bring Love. Seek Growth. Make A Difference.
About the Position
The Dog Wellness Ambassador is a key position at Scenthound, focused on educating dog parents and selling memberships while providing exceptional service to every customer. This position requires:
· A knowledge of and passion for dogs, dog health & wellness!
· Sales experience and confidence (membership sales is highly valued!)
· Customer service experience (retail or restaurant)
· Computer/ Technology proficiency
· Reliable transportation
Who We Are Looking For
We are searching for goal-oriented team members who have a passion for dogs, dog health & wellness and can use this passion to share and sell our services to provide dog parents the best service possible! A successful Dog Wellness Advocate is outgoing, self-motivated, an independent problem solver, and a knowledgeable dog lover! We are looking for motived team members who want to advance their career through our training path to become a Scenthound Scenter Manager!
· Educate dog parents about dog health and wellness resulting in membership sales and add-on services
· Drive key performance indicators – average ticket price and rebook ratio – through memberships, service add-ons, and retail sales
· Develop membership leads; Follow up with potential members
· Answer phone calls, schedule customer appointments, manage customer profiles and records
· Manage cash drawer – responsible for daily cash handling
· Manage customer expectations; Resolve customer concerns; Retain memberships
· Adhere to Scenthound sanitary and cleaning practices
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Scenter Manager
Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of dog breeds and love of dogs
· Confidence in selling services and products
· Ability to connect with customers (both canine and human!) and provide outstanding customer service
· Ability to learn our products and services to educate the dog parents; speak to our values and culture as a basis for our services
· Effective communication with team members and dog parents (in person and on the phone)
· Independently solve problems using Scenthound values and culture as a guide
· Attention to detail
· Time-management; Scheduling appointments efficiently
· Accountability; hold oneself and others to Scenthound standards
· Direct career growth path to Management positions (Assistant Manager, Manager) and additional options beyond
· Competitive hourly base pay, plus tips
· Bonuses based on sales results
· Full time workers eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
· Merit-based pay increases
· Paid time off (PTO)
$13 - $17 per hour