The People Operations Manager connects Genesis Garden’s people with Genesis Garden’s vision, mission, and values. They develop, recruit, and maintain people and define roles that contribute to achieving Genesis Garden’s vision. They also maintain Genesis Garden’s policies to comply with government mandates and grantor compliance, working with others in Genesis Garden’s leadership.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Connecting people with Genesis Garden’s vision, mission, and values
- Developing job descriptions to support Genesis Garden’s vision and growth
- Recruit, interview, onboard, and maintain highly competent people, adhering to asset-focused and trauma-informed frameworks and honoring lived expertise.
- Ensure people’s strengths are highlighted and celebrated while issues are promptly and professionally addressed.
- Identify existing or design and implement new strategies for staff development.
- Developing and maintaining current and enforced policies that comply with Federal, state, and local laws, guidelines, and policies, and grantor requirements.
- Communicating effectively with other people at Genesis Garden, including other employees, staff, directors, volunteers, and participants
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Level degree in a people-focused field such as human resources, counseling, social work, or related human services field or equivalent experience; Master’s level degree preferred
- Lived Expertise of Homelessness or Housing Instability
- Training and Experience in applying Asset-based Community Development framework and other strengths-focused frameworks
- Training in trauma-informed care and lived experience with trauma recovery practices
- Advocacy with or Lived Expertise in LGBTQIA+ or other communities on the margins
- Skilled with computers and technology, such as Google Workplace, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, internet, virtual video conferencing, email, and similar. Familiarity with Quickbooks and Gusto is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must be able to perform normal operations of computers, documentation, meeting in person, via telephone and internet, and in writing
- Must be able to operate a vehicle to meet at Genesis Garden’s facilities and in the community and region
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Genesis Garden is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.