The part-time housing coordinator is responsible for assisting individuals and families in gaining access to housing through the emergency shelter, rapid rehousing, shelter diversion, and permanent supportive housing programs offered by Genesis Garden
Support services to be provided:
1. Respond to incoming phone calls, texts, messages, and walk-ins through the virtual phone system, assessing urgency and redirecting as appropriate.
2. Provide strengths-focused, trauma-informed support for those seeking services
Housing Case Management
1. Assess individuals and families for strengths and immediate needs, short-term housing options, and long-term housing goals.
2. Assist individuals and families in gaining access to temporary housing and/or reaching long-term housing goals, depending on their unique situation.
3. Guide participants in the housing programs through the processes necessary to gain stable and long-term housing.
4. Support program participants in employment search, benefit applications, financial counseling, life skills, and access to resources in the community when appropriate.
5. Assist staff with operations at Genesis House and Leighty House.
Coordinate with Genesis Garden staff:
1. Provide documentation and summary of hours and services engaged.
2. Case conference with staff and/or housing team to support individuals achieving stable housing
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Recognition that all people have skills, abilities, and talents to share.
2. Dedication to all people living their best life.
3. Belief that housing should be a human right and is achievable in this country at this time.
4. Familiarity with local social services in Macomb and McDonough County
5. Lived experience in homelessness, housing instability, recovery, low-income, chronic health conditions, public benefits preferred; Or demonstrated knowledge from prior employment.
6. Reliable, follow through, and work both independently and in a collaborative manner.
7. Daytime availability required.
To submit resumes, follow this link: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/genesis-garden-part-time-housing-coordinator-part-time-cc976a0e-1377-42b1-ad0f-7b7e7e08ece8
Resumes are accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please. Genesis Garden values and encourages applications from people with lived expertise and from diverse life experiences. Genesis Garden is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.