Complete interior selections for residential remodels
Position Summary: The Interior Designer will partner with Sales and clients regarding remodeling of kitchens, bathrooms, and whole house projects. The designer works on multiple projects leading the selection and specification process for cabinetry, countertops, flooring, fixtures, paint and/or wall coverings, and more. The detail orientated; motivated self-starter will have experience with cabinetry specification through ordering for box through fully custom solutions. The position will offer the opportunity to be part of one of the finest design and project management teams in residential remodeling. Each day will bring different challenges and tasks in keeping track of schedules, deadlines and project progress. S/he will communicate a continuous improvement and growth mindset and possess strong ability to interface with and successfully influence others.
Reports To: Interior Design Manager
Supervisory Authority: None.
FLSA Status: Full Time – Salary Exempt
Company: Starting from the dining room table to a now almost 6,000 sq. ft. premier showroom, family-owned Gabor Design Build is Southeastern Wisconsin’s leading residential remodeler. For over 20 years, Gabor has been elevating the quality of life for its employees, partners and customers. Gabor values passion, excellence and integrity in everything we do. As an award-winning design and build firm, Gabor offers a fun and casual work environment, opportunity for growth within the company, a competitive salary and great benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with a determined Sales and Design team to ensure understanding of the project scope, vision, budget and feasibility.
· Manage selection process with clients ensuring selections meet clients functional and aesthetic needs within their scope and budget.
· Calculate materials needed, obtain price quotes and accurately estimate selection costs and price.
· Create detailed floor plans, elevations, and 3D renderings of kitchen and bath designs giving professional presentations with supporting design boards.
· Maintains knowledge of product and industry trends and developments.
· Working with several cabinet lines for box, semi-custom and custom cabinets, select appropriate style, sizes, finish, features, accessories and filler requirements, accurately quote and place order with procurement team.
· Communicate regularly with Sales and Design and the client via verbal and written updates.
· Handle client concerns regarding selections and resolve conflicts.
· Other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Associate degree in interior design, bachelor’s degree a plus, emphasis on Kitchen and Bath Design a plus.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in interior design; cabinetry experience preferred.
· Strong knowledge of kitchen and bath products, materials, and finishes, specifically cabinets.
· Fluid in industry guidelines and codes that impact the kitchen and bath environment.
· Proficient in 2020 Design Live; experience in AutoCAD, Buildertrend, Smartsheet and/or other like software.
· Competency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Ability to read blueprints and structural drawings.
· Knowledge of construction management processes a plus.
· Solid ability to build relationships, to motivate, negotiate and persuade diverse groups and individuals.
· Ability to manage conflict and crisis management.
· Organizational and time management skills with the ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner.
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to connect with diverse audiences.
· Strong work ethic and accountability with positive attitude open to teamwork.
· High energy and sense of humor.
· Valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable mode of transportation. Ability to travel locally.
· Competitive base salary, depending on experience
· $45 per month cell phone reimbursement
· Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
· Paid Time Off
· Health, dental and vision insurance plans
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Wisconsin Athletic Club Membership
· Frequently (75% to 100%) standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, light carrying, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and typing.
· Occasionally (up to 30%) moderate to heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
The evaluation will occur on an annual basis and will be based on job description, previous assessment if applicable, and financial performance of projects. The evaluation will be conducted, and results compiled by the Interior Design Manager for discussion. A summary of the results will be provided to the Interior Designer.
Above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of individuals in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities. Gabor Design Build is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
$21 - $28 per hour