Assist in residential remodeling projects by supporting Production department in various construction tasks
Position Summary: The Production Assistant is involved in residential remodeling production projects from transfer of signed agreement from sales and design to completion. The position works with areas of procurement, production, installation and project management for both small and large scale remodeling/construction projects. The position will offer the opportunity to be part of one of the finest project management teams in residential remodeling. This position includes both hands-on work from demolition to finished carpentry and administrative duties working on multiple projects at once. Each day will bring different challenges and tasks to help keep projects on schedule. Opportunity to learn more about the construction and remodeling industry and grow with the company.
Reports To: Production Manager
Supervisory Authority: None
FLSA Status: Full Time – Hourly, Non-Exempt
Company: Starting from the dining room table to a now almost 6,000 sq. ft. premier showroom, family-owned Gabor Design Build is Southeastern Wisconsin’s leading residential remodeler. For over 20 years, Gabor has been elevating the quality of life for its employees, partners and customers. Gabor values passion, excellence and integrity in everything we do. As an award-winning design and build firm, Gabor offers a fun and casual work environment, opportunity for growth within the company, a competitive salary and great benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the production process, from pre-construction through construction completion helping to accomplish productivity goals. All projects delivered on time, within scope and budget.
· Assist Project Managers with completing project documentation and bidding process.
· Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks.
· Gain understanding and comply with quality and safety standards. Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment.
· Ensure regulated and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like headgear, ear plugs, gloves, safety glasses and clothing are worn.
· Follow project instructions from Project Manager and/or supervisor ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Gain understanding and comply with standard construction methods and operating procedures, including company policies and procedures.
· Communicate regularly with the project team via verbal and written updates.
· Load and unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment. Ensure that equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly.
· Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures.
· Provide assistance to trade partners (i.e., carpenters, electricians, painters, etc.) as needed.
· Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials.
· Travel to job sites daily for assistance and material delivery.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma/GED; experience or education in construction and/or construction management a plus.
· Must 18 years of age.
· Understanding of construction materials a plus.
· Willingness to learn or ability to read and understand blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
· Willingness to learn construction management processes.
· Willingness to learn construction compliance and safety standards.
· Organizational and time management skills with the ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner.
· Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to connect and build relationships with diverse audiences.
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Excel and Outlook; experience in Buildertrend, Smartsheets and/or other like software a plus.
· Strong work ethic and accountability with positive attitude open to teamwork.
· High energy and sense of humor.
· Valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable mode of transportation. Ability to travel locally.
· Competitive wages, depending on experience
· $45 per month cell phone reimbursement
· Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
· Paid Time Off
· Health, dental and vision insurance plans
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Wisconsin Athletic Club Membership
· Frequently (75% to 100%) standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, light carrying, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and typing. Comfortable climbing tall ladders and working in elevated levels.
· Regularly (up to 50%) moderate to heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
Above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of individuals in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities. Gabor Design Build is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
$15 - $20 per hour