Complete installation and finish carpentry for residential remodels
Starting from the dining room table to a now almost 6,000 sq. ft. premier showroom, family-owned Gabor Design Build is Southeastern Wisconsin’s leading residential remodeler. For over 20 years, Gabor has been elevating the quality of life for its employees, partners and customers. Gabor values passion, excellence and integrity in everything we do. As an award-winning design and build firm, Gabor offers a fun and casual work environment, opportunity for growth within the company, a competitive salary and great benefits.
Position Summary: The carpenter brings to life assigned residential remodeling projects. The position work with areas of procurement, production, installation and project management for both small and large scale remodeling/construction projects. The position will offer the opportunity to be part of one of the finest project management teams in residential remodeling. This position includes both hands-on work from demolition to finished carpentry and minor administrative duties working on multiple projects at once. Each day will bring different challenges and tasks to help keep schedules and project progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the production process, from pre-construction through construction completion helping to accomplish productivity goals. All projects delivered on time, within scope and budget.
· Perform rough and finished carpentry, mostly internal, including but not limited to framing, structures, windows, doors, walls, molding, cabinetry, hardware, floors, etc.
· Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
· Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks including rigging hardware and cranes when necessary.
· Comply with quality and safety standards. Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment.
· Ensure regulated and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn.
· Follow project instructions from Project Manager and construction drawings ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Comply with standard construction methods and operating procedures, including company policies and procedures.
· Communicating with the project team via verbal and written updates.
· Provide direction and assistance to Production Assistants and trade partners as needed.
· Daily travel to job sites.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma/GED and minimum 5 years’ experience as a carpenter. Remodeling experience a plus. Education in construction and/or construction management a plus.
· Must 18 years of age.
· Thorough understanding of construction materials, mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems.
· Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
· Knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods.
· Knowledge of OSHA compliance and safety standards. OSHA 10 or 30 certification a plus.
· Organizational and time management skills with the ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner.
· Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to connect and build relationships with diverse audiences.
· Strong work ethic and accountability with positive attitude open to teamwork. High energy and sense of humor.
· First-aid/CPR/AED/BBP certified a plus.
· Must provide tools.
· Valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable mode of transportation. Ability to travel locally.
· Competitive wage, depending on experience
· Tool allowance
· $45 per month cell phone reimbursement
· Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
· Paid Time Off
· Health, dental and vision insurance plans
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Wisconsin Athletic Club Membership
· Frequently (75% to 100%) standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, light carrying, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing and typing. Comfortable climbing tall ladders and working in elevated levels and confined spaces. Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
$20 - $30 per hour