Crew Member – Lawn Maintenance Division
The Crew Member is responsible for providing the labor necessary to complete tasks such as mowing and edging lawns, string trimming, dispersal of lawn clippings, raking and disposing of leaves and other yard waste, assisting with spring and fall cleanups, and other tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trim and edge around driveways, sidewalks, trees, mulch beds, and walls
- Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower
- Eliminate accumulated clippings via blowing, mulching using power equipment, and raking
- Blow off hard surfaces
- Participate in spring and fall cleanups as needed
- Participate in landscape projects as needed
- Load and secure all tools and other necessary equipment and materials
- Take direction from the crew leader/supervisor/operations manager and complete other tasks as assigned
- Follow and set the standards for a quality company image that invites customers to repeat their business
- Emphasize the importance of customer service to co-workers
- Communicate effectively with other co-workers to function as a team
- Ability to closely follow project instructions from your crew leader and work efficiently at all times.
- Work with your crew leader/supervisor to help keep vehicles, machinery, and tools in good repair and working order: report malfunctions or concerns of equipment integrity to the crew leader immediately.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that exposes the individual to elevated noise levels.
- Duties of this position may expose the individual to chemicals and fertilizers
- Stands and walks for long periods throughout the day.
- Squats, stoops, or kneels and lifts objects from the ground frequently.
- Full extension of arms above the head and in front of the body.
- Consistently lifts the weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50 pounds.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.