Working closely with the CEO and Executive team, the Development Director actively supports donor cultivation and relationship building initiatives in alignment with organizational fundraising priorities. The Development Director will focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from individuals, corporations, public and private organizations, and faith communities.
The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of non-profit development and have experience leading, planning and coordinating all aspects of organizational fundraising (i.e. donor cultivation, campaigns, major gifts, planned giving, special events, sponsorships and grant writing). The optimal candidate will have experience securing gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding assigned prospects and managing the successful implementation of campaigns.
Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Build on FFBWW’s successful fundraising and communications efforts, as well as, identifying new potential supporters and partners.
- Implement campaign strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, foundations, corporations, public and private donors, faith communities, etc.
- Manage donor database, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of constituent information to support timely outreach and communication.
- Manage fundraising campaigns; organize and coordinate the activities of staff, Board members and committees engaged in fundraising efforts.
- Lead fundraising efforts with donor communication, engagement, and recognition.
- Lead grant writing, management and reporting.
- Leverage constituent data for the advancement of the organization’s goals and explore new opportunities for capturing information or more efficiently managing relationships.
- Perform foundation and grantor research.
- Prepare background information and conduct research for select donor meetings.
- Produce donor acknowledgment letters, solicitation letters, and other sensitive correspondence.
- Develop the pledges/gifts procedures and process for all campaigns.
- Provide periodic reports to the Executive team which measure progress towards achieving fundraising goals.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations
- Partner with Executive team and Brand Experience and Marketing Manager to assist with shaping and carrying out FFBWW’s marketing, communications, and public relations strategy and media relations for maximum positive visibility.
- Represent FFBWW at public events and/or speaking engagements when needed.
- Plan, assist with and attend donor events.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Firm grasp of MS Office, Google Business Suite, and various business and project management software.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities, impeccable communication and people skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitator skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent changing priorities.
- A strong team player and self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work outside of normal business hours.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant field required.
- Proven experience as Development Director or equivalent position or experience.
- Working knowledge of local donor and philanthropic community.
- A passionate advocate for Black Women’s health, and commitment to bringing women and partners together to improve the health of Black Women, families, and communities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- FFBWW offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including employer paid health care benefits, dental coverage, vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement (HRA), 401k plan with employer match, optional life insurance and disability coverage.
- FFBWW offers 160 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) in a calendar year (hours are prorated for new hire employees). FFBWW also provides 12 paid holidays per year, plus a bonus day off during your birth month for your birthday.
- This position will be based out of our headquarters in Madison, WI 53719, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the role, names and contact information of at least 3 professional and personal references, here as a single PDF. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Contact [email protected] with any questions. No calls please.
About the Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
Established in June 2012, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness is a Wisconsin based non-profit organization committed to mobilizing Black women to pursue and sustain mind-body-spirit wellness, and to raise the visibility and support of Black women’s health as a community and public health priority.
Our purpose. Empowering a Generation of Well Black Women.
Our mission. We energize, mobilize and support Black women to transform their lives
through education, advocacy and powerful partnerships.
Our Vision. We envision a world where Black women are healthy, thriving, and free.