Staff Accountant for Forte Business Services
Even the best leaders need a support team. Forte offers a suite of support services aimed to help emerging entrepreneurs get off the starting line and established operators level up their businesses. We believe in working with clients that are on a high-growth track and are doing fun, impactful work. Everyone on the Forte team of financial, HR, IT, marketing, and operations professionals, is here to provide high-quality support to every amazing client.
To succeed on this team, you must be ready to work with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and industries - and regularly juggle a number of high-priority tasks. As staff accountant you'll be primarily focused on finance and accounting tasks for several of our clients, but may also do some internal work.
- Strong, independent work ethic
- Solid, real-world bookkeeping experience
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Good at following documented processes and workflows
- Proficient in Excel, QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
Nice to have:
- Experience over a portfolio of client accounts a plus
- QBO Pro Advisor or similar certification a plus
- Experience working with remote clients preferred
- Experience with financial projections and pro forma development
- Experience working with or in small businesses
- CPA is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- 3 weeks (120 hours) PTO, plus numerous paid holidays and ~2 weeks off at the end of December
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Open to remote or in-office candidates
The Application Process
If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you.
Here's what to expect:
- You apply at the link below: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/forte-business-services-staff-accountant-6e81136c-5e2b-436d-b4ff-ebf3822c4b25
- If your resume looks like a good fit, you'll get a call from Emily over in HR. She'll ask some follow up questions about your work experience and your goals for the future.
- Next you'll meet with the hiring manager and one or two other members of the team (this is usually done via Zoom). Together you'll go over your work history, and discuss in detail what you bring to the table.
- You may be asked to meet with us for a third, more focused interview, or we may skip straight to an offer - it just depends on the number of candidates we have and how things are going.
- Once you accept an offer, you'll put in your notice at your current employer, and Emily will reach out to set up your orientation and get you on-boarded.
- Before you know it, your first day will be here! You'll meet the team, get a tour of the office, and get started learning the ropes.