Business Operations Specialist
Even the best leaders need a support team. Forte offers a suite of support services aimed to help emerging entrepreneurs get off the starting line and established operators level up their businesses. We believe in working with clients that are on a high-growth track and are doing fun, impactful work. Everyone on the Forte team of financial, HR, IT, marketing, and operations professionals, is here to provide high-quality support to every amazing client.
To succeed on this team, you must be ready to work with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and industries - and regularly juggle a number of high-priority tasks. You'll do some internal work with operations and project management, but the majority of your time will be spent supporting Forte's highly driven and passionate clients. Successful team members will often run into problems that aren't easily solved, but they use their curiosity, grit, and humility to either figure it out themselves or lean on team members for help.
As a Business Operations Specialist, you will use your experience and Forte tools to dig into clients' businesses to identify, implement, and optimize processes. You'll get in the weeds with clients to see how they do things and thoughtfully recommend and execute transitions to better systems. You'll often serve as a primary point of contact between clients and the Forte team.
You should be a good coach, and have strong experience implementing new business operations platforms--communication, project management, CRMs, and more--to bring clarity and value both to our clients and to Forte's internal operation.
Right off the bat, we want you to...
- Meet your coworkers and learn about our workflow.
- Get an introduction to our current clients and the projects we are working on for them.
- Start assisting the internal team with current projects while you get a feel for how we operate.
- Have weekly one-on-ones with your manager to make sure things are going smoothly.
Once you've got the hang of that, you'll...
- Take on and manage a few different client accounts.
- Continue assisting your coworkers with project management and operations for their client accounts.
- Continue to grow and develop your own skills as you take on more responsibility.
- Solid project management skills and experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ideas and turn them into actionable steps
- Proficiency (or ability to build proficiency) in standard software platforms like ClickUp, Trello, etc.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to look at things creatively, and from multiple perspectives
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- Confidence -- we need someone who works well under pressure, and is willing to hold others accountable
- Strong attention to detail
Nice to have
- Experience as an operations manager or director
- Experience as a business analyst
- Experience as an entrepreneur
- MBA is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- 3 weeks (120 hours) PTO, plus numerous paid holidays and ~2 weeks off at the end of December
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
The Application Process
If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you.
Here's what to expect:
- You apply at the link below https://jobs.gusto.com/boards/forte-business-services-dd472014-2b85-4d48-a2ff-c8682c79ee76
- If your resume looks like a good fit, you'll get a call from Emily over in HR. She'll ask some follow up questions about your work experience and your goals for the future.
- Next you'll meet with the hiring manager and one or two other members of the team (this is usually done via Zoom). Together you'll go over your work history, and discuss in detail what you bring to the table.
- You may be asked to meet with us for a third, more focused interview, or we may skip straight to an offer - it just depends on the number of candidates we have and how things are going.
- Once you accept an offer, you'll put in your notice at your current employer, and Emily will reach out to set up your orientation and get you on-boarded.
- Before you know it, your first day will be here! You'll meet the team, get a tour of the office, and get started learning the ropes.