As bookkeeper you'll be primarily focused on finance and accounting tasks for several of our clients, but may also do some internal work. You must be ready to work with internal and external stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and industries - and regularly juggle a number of high-priority tasks.
At Forte, all of our roles exist to provide high quality support services to our awesome clients and their businesses. We believe in working with clients that are on a high-growth track and are doing fun, impactful work. To succeed in this role, you must be ready to work with many different types of people, and regularly juggle a number of high-priority tasks. Your main focus at the beginning will be on supporting the Forte team, but we want you to quickly move to splitting your time between that and external work with our clients.
Right off the bat, we want you to...
· Meet your coworkers and learn about our workflow.
· Get an introduction to our current clients and the projects we are working on for them.
· Start assisting the internal team with general bookkeeping, reporting, and payroll.
· Have weekly one-on-ones with your manager to make sure things are going smoothly.
Once you’ve got the hang of that, you’ll...
· Start supporting month-end close.
· Take over AP/AR management.
· Manage bank account and credit card reconciliation.
Nice to have
The Application Process
If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s what to expect:
1. You apply at the link below.
2. If your resume looks like a good fit, you’ll get a call from Emily over in HR. She’ll ask some follow up questions about your work experience and your goals for the future.
3. Next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and one or two other members of the team (this is usually done via Zoom). Together you’ll go over your work history, and discuss in detail what you bring to the table.
4. You may be asked to meet with us for a third, more focused interview, or we may skip straight to an offer – it just depends on the number of candidates we have and how things are going.
5. Once you accept an offer, you’ll put in your notice with your current employer, and Emily will reach out to set up your orientation and get you on-boarded.
6. Before you know it, your first day will be here! You’ll meet the team, get a tour of the office, and get started learning the ropes.
$25 - $30 per hour