Founded in 2020 by a 25-year veteran in the procurement vertical, Focal Point looks at end-to-end procurement through a practitioner lens. Excel and email are the still the most prevalent tools used by procurement professionals resulting in work being done off system, ad-hoc and inconsistently.
Since the initial product was launched in 2021 with two global name-brand clients Focal Point has enjoyed an average of >300% annual growth (year over year) due to attracting more than five F500 (two of which are F50) companies.
Our Account Executives are key players in our Sales organization. With a net new revenue focus, they are the fuel for our new customer growth in a new client segment. This fantastic team of hardworking professionals play a key role in guiding new customers on a journey that can see them leave the limitations of legacy procurement platforms behind and move forward with a new class of procurement solutions.
As a team, we believe in partnering with our customers to craft relevant solutions that deliver long lasting value.
The account executive will focus on our “Corporate” client segment which are companies with annual revenues less than $1.5bn. Leads will be sourced by Account Executive’s and our Business Development Resources team to progress through the sales funnel.
We work in a team environment where Account Executives will be supported by the executive team, post sales implementation, sales engineering and our enterprise sales team members.
The Account Executive will work in SalesForce to document pipeline and account progression and use other leading tools to support the business development activities.
The Account Executive will be responsible for:
- Lead generation with limited BDR support for pipeline creation to meet annual targets
- Working and closing leads in the United States within Corporate and/or Mid-Market Accounts.
- Maintaining strategy for prioritizing, targeting, and closing key opportunities in assigned territory.
- Maintaining deep product understanding and how it relates to client pain points
- Demoing product functionality to demonstrate how our product solves pain points
- Maintaining accurate and timely customer/prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data.
- Follow-up and convert marketing-generated/inbound leads.
- Partner with marketing on a programmatic campaign-based approach to demand generation to implement sales & pipeline-build strategies.
- Gain and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Focal Point’s products, value proposition, and a clear understanding of the Focal Point sales processes.
- Attend company-sponsored events and webinars
- Develop impactful sales campaigns, messaging, and presentations.
- Assist with the development of vertical specific marketing and collateral and attend relevant trade shows and industry events.
- Work closely with Marketing to:
- Identify, cultivate, and manage existing and new leads
- Maximize the effectiveness of social media, lead generation, and sales conversion tools.
- Fiercely competitive and hungry for success
- A self-starter who is willing to do what is necessary to get things done
- A team player who knows when to bring in assistance from across the organization
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment where the trail is not necessarily cleared for you
Experience and skills:
- High integrity, performance and goal-oriented, motivated, positive, passionate
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact across all levels of an organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS office and CRM software
- Consider yourself a true hunter who can think critically and be creative.
- Strong capability to be authentic and establish rapport and credibility with prospects.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with a focus on even the smallest detail.
- 1-2 year’s experience in sales and/or business development
For extra points
- Previous experience in the procurement and supply chain vertical
- Previous experience in enterprise software/SAAS environment business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- The ideal candidate is based in Atlanta, GA but this is not a prerequisite for the position.
- Ability to travel (approximately 35 – 40%)
- You will receive your choice of Apple or Windows laptop
- You will receive a stiped for home office equipment
- Employee sponsored medical/dental/vision insurance is provided
- Paid parental leave
- Inclusion is how we unleash the power of diversity. We strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work.