Do you want to work in a fun, smart, and exciting environment? Do you want the flexibility of working from home or an office? Are you outgoing, like to be challenged, and are driven? If so, we are looking for you! We are a small company that is quickly growing and looking for someone to grow with us. This position is based in Fort Lauderdale, FL however virtual is an option for the right candidate.
EZ-ERC is seeking a Tax Controversy Manager to coordinate, manage, research, and address on all technical issues specific to the IRS. This includes all aspects of IRS account issues, entity issues, corrections, and reconciliations. Reporting to the COO, the Tax Controversy Manager will oversee, mentor, and provide on-the-job training and coaching to the IRS Tracking team. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree such as a Master of Tax, JD and/or LLM. They will be organized and approach each issue with a critical thinking mindset.
EZ-ERC is a cutting-edge platform that streamlines the ERC process so that employers who took part in one or both PPP loans can maximize their refundable credit. We are a team of CPAs, lawyers, and payroll specialists with decades of experience in accounting, legal, and professional services. We provide businesses with a thorough and detailed analysis of COVID-19 legislative relief packages and IRS guidelines.
About the Role
1. Consult with clients and tax professionals across the firm with respect to a wide range of tax controversy, tax practice, and procedure issues.
2. Research, address, and consult on technical issues specific to IRS practice and procedural issues including tax, penalty, and interest assessments, statutes of limitation for refunds, and assessments.
3. Prepare, plan and coordinate responses to information document requests, due diligence requests, and other similar inquiries from tax authorities.
4. Draft written communications to the IRS regarding penalty abatement requests
5. Prepare presentations on various tax issues to tax authorities
6. Work on the IRS account issues, and entity issues - corrections and reconciliations
7. Work with other specialty groups on issues that intersect with other technical matters such as corporate taxation, partnerships, international tax, mergers, and acquisitions
8. Participate in firm training
9. Draft internal and external tax alerts, and articles for publication
10. Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
11. Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
12. Limited travel within and outside the state as the job dictates.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
● 4+ years of experience in tax reach/tax resolution and working directly with the IRS
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience with payroll/tax forms such as the 941-X
● Experience interacting with the IRS and defending clients under IRS audit
● Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), accounting software, and visual presentations.
● Experience in professional services is strongly preferred
$85,000 - $200,000 per year