Title: PLM Program Manager
Location : Akron, OH, US (Hybrid)
Candidate must live within a 3-hour drive from Akron, OH so that they can drive to the facility 2 or 3 or 4 times per month or so.
- Plan, assign, provide technical direction, and coordinate project management tasks across the engineering team leveraging PLM/PDM products for implementation.
- Provides status updates on assigned tasks and budgets.
- Coordinate, run, and manage daily standup updates
- Prioritize, triage, and lead management of team’s work items
- Provides document review and resolves technical issues
- Supports PLM projects with real-world knowledge of (Windchill or 3DX or Teamcenter) and all related administration functions in large-scale global solutions.
- Effectively translates business needs, challenges, and context into technical solutions captured in technical diagrams and other documentation.
- Leverage expertise to identify opportunities to advance business capabilities.
- Responsible for system assessment, process analysis, identification of system requirements, and functional definition of planned system changes.
- Formulates systems scope and objectives relative to the business plan acting as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications.
- Identify and implement solutions that support more efficient and effective work performance based on inherent knowledge of business functions and processes.
- Understand system behavior, inputs, and outputs as they relate to business functions
- Confirm that the new releases function as intended and there is no negative impact on existing functionality.
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with the rest of the PLM IT team to participate in projects and identify system improvements.
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Adhere to industry best practices for change and release management.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering, MIS, or related business discipline(s) with 7+ years of relevant experience or an advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience working as a Project Manager or Product Owner with engineering teams
- Experience and Knowledge with MS office products, Azure DevOps, or Jira
- Experience working in AWS or MS Azure cloud environments.
- Experience in some or all systems engineering functions including operations concept development, System and product design, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition, and control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Exceptional communication skills, develop clear, concise, and logically written business communications, deliver recommendations
- Proven track record communicating within a cross-functional team of technical resources, QA, and engineers
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build strong relationships to leverage information and insights across key groups
- Self-starter with self-confidence, enthusiasm, and strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in SDLC, Waterfall, or Agile program structures.
- Willing to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, and a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates.
- Comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and balancing priorities
- Able to manage multiple projects with Global teams.
- Advanced degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a Product Development/Manufacturing environment coordinating, planning, and managing PI initiatives for a PLM/PDM software solution
- Previous background as an engineer (mechanical, automotive, software, industrial, etc).
- Ability to provide strategic PLM leadership and lead by influencing the creation of long-term strategic roadmaps in a virtual environment.