Location: Holyoke, CO.
Hello Professionals, we have a fulltime job opportunity as a . please find more details below.
Job Title : Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Holyoke, CO.
Job start date: 12/1/2022
Shift information: 4, 10 hour shifts per week
General Certifications: BLS/BCLS
Laboratory Certifications: ASCP, AMT.
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Salary: $48,000 - $75,000
Hospital is looking for a Full-Time Permanent MT or MLT to join our team. We are a 15 bed critical access hospital in a small rural community located on the eastern plains of Colorado, about 3 hours from the nearest major city, Denver, CO. Must be able to take calls 1 day/night a week & 1 weekend per month. Must also work at least 1 weekend per month. Work 4 shifts a week, 10 hours per shift.
The Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician uses a variety of technical and analytical skills to perform and evaluate all types of laboratory testing to aid the physician in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients. He/she assures timely and quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, and analysis of appropriate samples. In collaboration with the Medical Technologist, the Medical Laboratory Technician utilizes professional judgment and knowledge to implement new methods, educate others, and improve systems. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to provide quality service to our customers.
1. Exhibits behaviors that are consistent with the Mission, and Values of Hospital and the culture and objectives of MMH. All employees are expected to work as needed in providing health and wellness services in the community.
2. Organizes and performs or supports patient testing and facilitates overall efficient function of the entire lab. Assures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, and collection and analysis of appropriate samples.
3. Recognizes abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments or problem solve issues in collaboration with the Medical Technologist.
4. Works and communicates cooperatively with team members to identify and complete lab responsibilities and meet department goals. Participates in hospital/department activities to improve patient care/lab systems.
5. Identifies current professional and technical issues and their impact on lab practices. Maintains appropriate accreditation by regulatory agencies. Evaluates and develops new methods and instruments.
6. Maintains current knowledge and skills applicable to job assignment through continuing education or professional organizations. Follows all procedures and policies and demonstrates competency and proficiency as required.
7. Shares new information with all team members, attends team meetings, and effectively orients/mentors new staff as requested.
8. In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon MMH needs or requirements.
· Material and equipment involved: Requires use of equipment which includes, but is not limited, to computer terminal and printer, telephone, copier, fax machine, centrifuge, microscope, pipettes, phlebotomy equipment, and laboratory analyzers.
· Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician.
· Technical Skills: Technical and analytical knowledge and ability to organize, prioritize, perform and evaluate laboratory testing in the areas of hematology, chemistry, blood bank, microbiology, coagulation, urinalysis, and body fluid analysis. Basic phlebotomy skills are also necessary. Must apply appropriate blood and body fluid precautions when testing.
· Other qualifications/certificate/license: Certification (or eligible) as a Medical Laboratory Technologist by ASCP or equivalent. Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
For more info please text/call: +1(248)-289-5382, or email: [email protected]
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
$48,000 - $75,000 per year