Title: Android Mobile Engineering
Location : Addison, TX, Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, (Onsite)
Client seeks a Technology Feature Lead join our Android Engineering team. This role works closely with the remote development team, product management and customer support. In this position, you will build and expand Payment Fusion Terminal Application to implement new payment methods, and capabilities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals.
- Ensure software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
- Ensure solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset.
- Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns.
- At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp.
- Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements.
- Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
- Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
- Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements.
- Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
- Assist team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
- Design/develop/modify architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained.
- Design/develop/maintain automated test suites (integration, regression, performance).
- Set up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automate manual release activities.
- Mentor Software Engineers and coach team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT field --OR-- Equivalent work experience
- At least 5+ years of Android development experience
- Strong Experience consuming RESTful web services from mobile platform
- Experience with asynchronous processing and Kotlin is plus
- Extensive experience with the MVVM and MVP design patterns
- Experience fully automated development, build, test, promote process of a native app
- Fluent with Android Development standards and app release guidelines and Material Design guidelines as set by Google
- Knowledge of Dagger, Retrofit, and RxJava
- Experience actually promoting an app to the Google Play store
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Payments industry experience is a plus
- Point-of-Sale development experience is a plus
- Experience working with an off-shore engineering team
- Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release manage ment
- Mobile payments industry experience, including securing mobile devices through Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions