We are actively searching for a passionate and experienced Spanish Translator, with specialization in special education or a background in interpreting educational materials. This role is pivotal in facilitating effective communication between English and Spanish-speaking stakeholders, students, and parents within the field of special education. The ideal candidate will bring both linguistic proficiency and a nuanced understanding of the unique settings and complexities inherent in special education and its students.
- Translate a variety of written materials pertinent to special education, including Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), educational assessments, behavior intervention plans, and other documents from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Interpret spoken content during meetings involving special education professionals, parents, and students, facilitating effective communication.
- Collaborate closely with special education teachers, administrators, and support staff to comprehend and accurately translate specialized content and educational plans.
- Edit and proofread translated materials to maintain accuracy, clarity, and cultural relevance, ensuring that the intended meaning is preserved.
- Stay abreast of developments in special education terminology, policies, and best practices to provide up-to-date and precise translations.
- Provide linguistic support for special education initiatives, offering cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Certification in Spanish interpretation, and/or holding a bachelor's degree from an approved translation and interpretation institute, or holding a bachelor's degree and two years proven work experience as a translator, or having at least five years proven work experience as a translator.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
- In-depth knowledge of special education terminology, laws, and procedures preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering accurate translations within specified deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team and manage multiple projects related to special education.
- Expertise in translating specialized content related to special education, including IEPs, assessments, and educational plans.
- Familiarity with special education laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent research skills to understand and accurately translate nuanced special education terminology.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Cultural awareness and adaptability to ensure translations are culturally appropriate.
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, geography, and other job-related reasons. Expatiate Communications is an equal-opportunity employer. Expatiate Communications considers all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.