- Conducts a program of communicable disease prevention and control.
- Counsels and guides pupils and staff on individual health needs through interpretation of health appraisals and standard of normal growth and development.
- Conducts and submits reports for annual vision, hearing, and scoliosis screening, including immunization audit and child health disability prevention checkup in compliance with state and local laws and regulations.
- Serves as a resource person to school personnel in relating health instruction and guidance to the needs of specific pupils and provides in-service for teachers.
- Assists in development of health-related learning objectives as a member of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) team.
- Provides follow-up for the correction of defects by reporting findings to parents and school personnel through conferences at school or in the home, and serves as liaison with community agencies, physicians, and medical consultants.
- Compiles pertinent health records and reviews findings to evaluate the health status of children.
- Helps to plan for and maintain a healthful school environment in keeping with the unique needs of special education students.
- Assists in the development of strategies to meet a variety of emergencies and provides care and treatment for accidents and emergency illnesses which occur at school.
- Assists medical consultants, parents, and physicians in the provision of specialized physical health care services as needed by individual pupils.
- Training and supervision of unlicensed assistive personnel and contracted licensed staff in the provision of specialized physical healthcare procedures.
- Travel to multiple sites within Fresno County may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the philosophy, methodology, and trends related to providing services to special education pupils.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Knowledge, Skill & Other Requirements:
- Must hold or be qualified to hold a California Preliminary Credential authorizing services as a school nurse; i.e., verifies possession of both a bachelor’s OR higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Valid Registered Nurse license issued by the State of California Health and Nursing Services credential. ( HNS)
- Valid American Heart Association BCLS certificate
- Must be legally eligible to work in California
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, geography, and other job-related reasons. Expatiate Communications is an equal-opportunity employer. Expatiate Communications considers all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.