As a comprehensive special education management consulting firm, Expatiate Communications brings passion, dedication, and a wealth of experience in understanding and appreciating the complex challenges in special education. We focus on building innovative and sustainable programs that make full use of data and technology tools, offering targeted support and consulting to schools, districts, charter schools, and County Offices of Education.
Job Type: Full-time/ On Contract
Location: On-Site/Pasadena, CA
- Screens resumes and conducts initial candidate phone/virtual screenings.
- Administers appropriate assessments, references, and background screenings.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating candidates for all open positions.
- Posts open positions on HRIS, LinkedIn, indeed, and other job posting platforms.
- Generates qualified candidate pools through cost-effective efforts - Internet, alternative sourcing, etc. Sourcing tools include but are not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, and diversity-oriented sites & blogs.
- Building relationships and pipelines of top, diverse talent.
- Develop the search strategy, including creating a targeted advertisement identifying candidates.
- Demonstrate ability to attract, influence, and convert talent through key attraction and employment opportunities by understanding the educational landscape, competitive demographics, and employment value proposition.
- Meets established hiring targets, manages client relationships, and interacts with hiring managers to discuss specific requirements.
- Manages candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Follow up with hiring managers regarding the recruiting process and department needs.
- Must attend career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Represent the Company for recruiting purposes at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, etc.
- Adheres to full compliance with Company, State, and Federal policies and procedures.
- Adheres to application/resume file and retention policies according to State and Federal policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with EEO/Diversity policies.
- Assists the Human Resources department with various projects and tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Able to budget job advertisements and provide KPIs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Google Suite applications: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Forms, Google Meets, etc.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the organization.
- Knowledge of HRIS and ATS systems.
- Action & Results Focus: Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment.
- Leveraging Technology: Applying technology for improvements in organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience: Three (3) years of prior recruiting experience. Special Education (SPED) Experience is a plus.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in human resources or other fields closely related to the job requirements. In lieu of a degree, we will consider a candidate with a high school degree and five (5) years of recruiting experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in California and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete a satisfactory Live Scan and TB clearance.
Regular Full-Time Benefits:
- Long Term Disability
- Health FSA
- Dependent Care FSA