As an Event Bartender you will assist with event and bar setup, clean up, serve guests, and respond to questions, concerns and requests. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
- Setting up and preparation of the bar, closing, including cleaning, packing away all beverages, breaking down the tables, throwing away all garbage.
- Responsible for sanitation in and around the bar area following the venue rules on garbage disposal.
- Moving, setting up, packing away all the glassware.
- Loading in and out all the bar components like alcohol, soft drinks, ice, etc.
- Verifying customer's age meets the lawful drinking age.
- Knowing how to make traditional, classy and modern drinks as well as ability to create new drinks upon client’s request. Knowing alcohol pairing, tastes and brands.
- Circulating the room with trays of beverages and/or bottles to refill drinks.
- Serving guests with extreme courtesy and friendliness, seeing to the comfort of guests through answering questions, and making and serving beverages.
- Use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Perform special projects delegated by management, including event set up, preparation, cleaning and closing if needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ fine dining or catering experience
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a TIPS Certification
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift boxes, containers, trays, glass racks, etc. of up to 40lbs
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent customer service and communication skills
- Responsible and trustworthy, with a friendly attitude
- Able to travel to work at multiple locations throughout the New York Metropolitan area