Direct Report: Children’s Pastor
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Office hours are negotiable. Sunday hours or events are non-negotiable.
I. Purpose of the Job:
Provide leadership and administrative support to the Children’s Ministry.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
- 2-3 years of prior experience in children’s ministry leadership.
- Education in children’s ministry desired, or equivalent.
- High energy with enthusiasm for Highpoint’s Vision.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Effective leadership and management skills for both adults & children.
- Projects a professional and confident image, able to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven developer of teams.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Strong administrative, computer, and media abilities.
- Steady, positive attitude, people-oriented, team player, customer service minded.
- Willingness to work after hours or on weekends when needed.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Primary areas of focus for this role:
- Creative Ministry to Children of all ages.
- Event Development and Management
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- First Impressions and Guest Follow-Up
- Communication and Ministry Marketing
- Sunday Morning Oversight of Ministry Teams
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to provide creative, effective leadership to the Children’s Ministry in advancing the goals of the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team.
- Coordinate with the Children’s Pastor to consistently gain, train, and retain children’s ministry volunteers and leaders.
- Manage the on-ramping of volunteers throughout the onboarding and training process.
- Assist the Children’s Pastor with community outreach efforts.
- Ability to plan, develop, and teach engaging lessons for children of all ages.
- Oversee guest follow-up and assimilation process.
- Oversee communication in children’s ministry for parents, volunteers, and children.
- Strategically promote children’s ministry through social media and other means.
- Coordinate special events such as baby dedications and baptisms (with children) and coordinate children’s ministry events with the Children’s Pastor.
- Coordinate volunteer office help with routine clerical tasks.
- Serve on Sunday mornings as assigned at times, providing teaching support.
- Oversee volunteer team schedulers.
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as weekend service host on stage when scheduled.
- Plan and assist in all lead pastor's initiatives as needed.
V. Employees possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Excellent work Ethic
- An attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with, and devoted to the call of God and the Church
VI. Skills & Attributes
- Christ-like, servant attitude
- Devoted to the call of God and the vision of Highpoint Church
- Operate with a spirit of excellence
- Committed to the core values and purposes of Highpoint Church
- Leader, team builder
- Passionate for the Lord and people