JOB CLASSIFICATION TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
(Flexible Part time or Full time)
SALARY $25 - $35
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department. This position supports multiple locations in Florida. The duties of the position include comparing HR employment laws to current policies and procedures, drafting templates for HR documents and collaborating with managers to oversee the hiring and onboarding process for company employees. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for creating, updating, and applying all HR policies and company guidelines, and making sure to adhere to standards and policies initiated by management. This employee shall embrace and live company values for the rest of the team to follow through. This member has the responsibility to function as liaison between employees and management, and it is the first point of contact for employees that require confidentiality. This person must be empathetic and discreet. The HR generalist is in charge of processing payroll, managing compensation and benefits for employees, and working closely with management.
- Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, promotion letters, warning letters, etc.
- Provide company policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Assist managers in the recruiting process.
- Collaborate to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Responsible for new employee onboarding, orientation and educating them on HR policies, and internal procedures.
- Responsible for managing the open enrollment and benefit process with Brokers.
- Coordinate open enrollment changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll processing for employees and contractors.
- Manage 401k processes.
- Maintain physical and digital employee files.
- Create employee engagement plans, and initiate activities.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, management, and employees to maintain company standards and value as the core vision for company future.
- Assist Branch Managers in evaluating employee performance and appraising their pay scale accordingly.
- Record keeping of all performance evaluations.
- Take appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations and address employee grievances.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Operate a computer, printer, copier, telephone, calculator, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel spreadsheets, databases, or other system software.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field, or 3-5 years human resources experience, or a combination of experience and education. Proven Human Resources Employment Law experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook), Experience with Gusto cloud-based payroll system, SharePoint, and Employee Navigator a plus. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.