Elite Permits of Naples is looking for a REMOTE Full Building Plan Reviewer to join our strong team. We are located at 2670 Horseshoe Dr Unit 205. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, team player, and provides excellent customer service.
- Reviewing new construction, remodeling projects, and existing structures for compliance with governing codes or ordinances.
- Reviewing completed and in process work.
- Citing and documenting code compliance, code violations, and advising builders and property owners on code and permit requirements.
- Embracing the principles that are the base for the building codes, which is to protect lives and property, while maintaining our company values of providing the best service possible.
- Reviews permits, applications, and construction plans for compliance with various codes and county ordinances pertaining to building construction.
- Reads and understands blueprints and technical drawings.
- Reviews plans and specifications of project.
- Enforces all applicable provisions of the standard building codes as adopted and amended by local ordinances.
- Travels to construction site locations and performs field inspections of new or existing buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable building codes.
- Reviews installation of various components and systems to ensure proper installation and function.
- Explains and interprets code provisions and local building regulations and requirements.
- Indicates when deficiencies or violations are discovered.
- Reports noncompliance with appropriate codes; issues notice to hold construction as necessary.
- Makes recommendations for issuance of certificates of occupancy.
- Observes job site safety of projects contracted with Elite Permits
- Responds to questions, complaints, and requests for information/assistance from team staff and customers.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and training sessions as appropriate; maintains comprehensive, current knowledge and awareness of applicable inspection techniques and methodology, policies, procedures, codes, laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Prepares and/or receives a variety of forms, logs, requests, records, reports, correspondence, and other documents associated with daily responsibilities of this position; reviews, completes, processes, approves, forwards, maintains, and/or takes other action as appropriate; prepares and maintains files and records.
- Operates a personal computer, printer, calculator, copy and facsimile machines, telephone, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
- Adequate internet speed required.
- Participates in staff education of building codes.
- Possess and maintain all 4 Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical and Structural licenses in the state of Florida. Desire to have ability to obtain additional licenses.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction industry within the state of Florida.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Fluent in English. Spanish-speaking desired but not required.
Elite Permits is a small family-owned company who care about our employees. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability and a 401k with up to a 5% company match. Our company is a drug-free and smoke-free business.