Elite Permits of Naples & Ft Myers are looking for a Building Inspector for Collier/Lee Counties to join our strong team. We are located at 2670 Horseshoe Dr Unit 205 and 2150 Edison Avenue Ft Myers.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, team player, and provides excellent customer service.
Must possess and maintain a Standard Inspector License issued by the State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation in one or more of the following categories, structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and/or 1&2 of Family Dwellings. May be required to attain and maintain other certifications as related to this position.
SALARY: $67,000.00 - $100,000.00 – varies depending on number of licenses
The employee in this class is tasked to inspect new construction, remodeling projects, and existing structures including properties
for compliance with governing codes or ordinances; approving work in process and completed work; citing and documenting
code compliance, code violations, and advising builders and property owners on code and permit requirements . Individuals in
this position are tasked with embracing the principles that are the base for the building codes, which is to protect lives and
property, while maintaining our company values of providing the best service possible.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the
work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Reviews permits, applications, and construction plans for compliance with various codes and county ordinances pertaining to building construction.
- Reads and understands blueprints and technical drawings.
- Reviews plans and specifications of project.
- Enforces all applicable provisions of the standard building codes as adopted and amended by local ordinances.
- Travels to construction site locations and performs field inspections of new or existing buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable building codes.
- Reviews quality of installation of various components and systems to ensure proper installation and function.
- Explains and interprets code provisions and local building regulations and requirements.
- Provides direction when deficiencies or violations are discovered.
- Reports noncompliance with appropriate codes; issues notice to hold construction as necessary.
- Makes recommendations for issuance of certificates of occupancy.
- Observes job site safety of projects contracted with Elite Permits.
- Responds to questions, complaints, and requests for information/assistance from team staff and customers.
- Attends seminars, workshops, and training sessions as appropriate; maintains comprehensive, current knowledge and awareness of applicable inspection techniques and methodology, policies, procedures, codes, laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Prepares and/or receives a variety of forms, logs, requests, records, reports, correspondence, and other documents associated with daily responsibilities of this position; reviews, completes, processes, approves, forwards, maintains, and/or takes other action as appropriate; prepares and maintains files and records.
- Operates a personal computer, printer, calculator, copy and facsimile machines, telephone, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
- Participates in staff education of building codes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable Knowledge of: Standard office practices and procedures; Microsoft Office applications. Applicable building codes associated with the trade category license.
- Ability to: Work independently and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with Vocational/Technical studies with training emphasis in code compliance and construction project management;
- Five (5) years of experience in general engineering, examining building plans, code enforcement/inspection, or field construction.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License with any applicable endorsements and maintain eligibility requirements and endorsement(s) to drive company-assigned vehicle.
- Must possess and maintain a Standard Inspector License issued by the State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation in one or more of the following categories, structural, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and/or One of Two of Family Dwellings.
- May be required to attain and maintain other certifications as related to this position.