Eclipse Environmental Science Group, LLC (Eclipse) is seeking a talented Natural Resources Environmental Field Specialist I to support our Environmental Department. Eclipse specializes in natural and cultural resources serving the public and private sectors in conducting resource surveys to support obtaining permits and clearances from environmental resource and government agencies. We support overall environmental compliance during construction and following in-service. Eclipse provides flexibility to work remotely.
· Assist in the compliance of relevant environmental regulations including Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
· Conduct biological surveys and assessments to include wetland delineations, botanical and wildlife surveys.
· Collect data using GPS equipment.
· Process post-‐field data, and overseeing development of map figures, data tables, and illustrations for technical reports.
· Assist with technical reports, and other technical documents.
· Foster and maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency staff, private sector clients, and other industry professionals.
Experience and Qualifications
· A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Geology, Environmental Planning or other science related field.
· Entry level environmental scientist, experience in conducting fieldwork and report preparation preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge in environmental federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Ability to work unsupervised, functioning as an effective, self-‐motivated, and highly capable individual.
· Familiarity with GPS devices and digital data collection.
· Team-‐orientated attitude.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Current valid Driver’s License required.
· Must be able to travel to field locations and conduct fieldwork in varied terrain for extended periods of time in varying weather conditions.
· 30% office environment; 70% field environment.
· Ability to travel up to 40% per year, as directed by supervisor or client request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The following is a sample of some of the physical demands that would normally be required for this position.
· Sitting: Remaining in the seated position for extended periods of time.
· Standing: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation without moving about.
· Walking: Moving about on foot.
· Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another usually between 10 -25 lbs.
· Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
· Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
· Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
$20 - $24 per hour