Responsibilities (You Will)
Leadership: Drive engineering projects to completion, lead technical discussions, and mentor junior engineers.
Product: Partner with executive & product teams to design and build a state of the art software solution, using the latest data science and AI technologies. Provide guidance on architectural decisions and ensure alignment with business goals.
Back-End: Develop and oversee well-functioning, reliable, and scalable database and storage solutions. Manipulate database queries and web storage to meet company and customer needs, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
Integrations: Lead the integration of third-party services, tools, and APIs. Ensure a seamless data exchange and integration functionality. Validate and test APIs for compatibility, security, and performance. Handle advanced authentication and authorization mechanisms for interacting with external systems.
Reliability: Troubleshoot, debug, test, and fix bugs and product issues. Write and review internal technical documentation to record product requirements, architecture, concepts, designs, and support.
Security: Design and implement advanced security and data protection settings for internal product admins and external customers.
Optimizations: Strategize and implement features to optimize performance of internal and external products and features, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
Requirements (You Have)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience using cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in technical roles.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy in decision-making.
Additional experience the ideal candidate may have (“nice to have”):
- Masters in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Awareness, passion, and experience related to Education Technology.
- Startup experience.
- Experience developing data analytics software.
- Experience with LLMs, Vector DBs, and/or transformer models.
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams and projects to success.
If you do not fulfill all requirements in the job description, we encourage you to submit your application nonetheless.
Benefits & Compensation
- Base salary and a new-hire equity grant vesting over 4 years with a 1-year cliff.
- Paid vacation & company holidays.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
Doowii is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our workforce. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace fosters innovation, creativity, and collaboration. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics