No experience? No problem. We provide on the job training through the Paragon School of Pet Grooming Distance Learning Program. You will learn how to groom right in our salon!
The Dog Groomer Trainee is responsible for learning all aspects of professional dog grooming through an intensive training program. The trainee will be responsible for assisting experienced groomers with grooming tasks and learning the proper techniques for grooming dogs of various breeds, sizes, and temperaments. The trainee will also be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area and ensuring the safety and well-being of the dogs in their care.
- Participate in a comprehensive training program designed to teach the skills and knowledge necessary to become a professional dog groomer.
- Assist experienced groomers with all aspects of dog grooming, including bathing, drying, brushing, trimming, and clipping.
- Learn how to properly handle and restrain dogs of various breeds, sizes, and temperaments.
- Learn how to recognize signs of stress, anxiety, and discomfort in dogs, and how to address these issues appropriately.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including cleaning grooming tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety protocols and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of the dogs in their care.
- Interact with customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Attend regular training and continuing education sessions to improve skills and stay up-to-date on new grooming techniques and trends.
Rockstar Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for working with dogs and a desire to learn all aspects of professional dog grooming.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Great communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Understands how to give and receive constructive feedback -- Wants to be the best!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to work with dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
- Previous experience working with dogs preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional experience working with animals, preferably in a grooming or veterinary setting
- Cosmetology or grooming certification
- Familiarity with common dog breeds and their temperaments
- First aid certification
The Dog Groomer Trainee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. The trainee must also be able to bend, stoop, and reach to groom dogs in various positions.
The Dog Groomer Trainee will work in a grooming salon or similar environment. The environment may be noisy and can be stressful for dogs. The trainee must be able to handle the physical and emotional demands of working with dogs in a busy and sometimes challenging environment.
The salary for a Dog Groomer Trainee will vary depending on experience and location. Future Groomers are paid an hourly wage (plus tips) during their training period, which can last anywhere from a 3 to 6 months. After successfully completing the training program levels, additional merit increases will be awarded until they are certified as a full-time position professional dog groomer with a competitive salary and benefits package.