Your essential responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead in a "player/coach" capacity.
- Develop and update a national sales and market development plan. This plan encompasses identifying high-potential physician and health system customers, revenue and capital placement forecasts, and market development opportunities.
- Provide continuous training and development for sales representatives, focusing on the Company's products and procedures.
- Create, execute, and document quarterly development plans for each sales representative, aligned with mutually-identified areas for improvement.
- Achieve assigned sales goals.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, competitive products, and marketing practices, and keep management informed.
- Provide sales and marketing reports in accordance with Company procedures to refine the Company's go-to-market strategy.
- Cultivate strong relationships with thought leaders and key opinion leaders across the nation and share these relationships with key individuals in the Company.
- Represent DermaSensor, Inc. in the marketplace at conventions, meetings, and exhibits, while developing strategic relationships with customers and business partners.
- Ensure that the national territory operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for delivering exceptional customer service across the nation, including value-added services, product returns, handling customer complaints, and more.
- Adhere to all Company policies, instructions, and directives to fulfill Company objectives and maximize profitable revenue.
Job Qualifications and Education
The successful candidate should possess at least a decade of experience in successfully selling clinical solutions (i.e. medical devices, diagnostics, digital health) to providers and health systems. This experience should include a minimum of three years in a sales management role. Ideally, this work experience should involve early-stage and/or rapidly growing medical device/health technology businesses. An undergraduate degree is required, and the position is field-based, depending on the needs of the Company.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
As the National Sales Director, you should contibute the following:
- Proficiency in negotiating and navigating large health systems and integrated delivery networks (IDNs) with complex sales processes.
- Strong knowledge of reimbursement (coding, coverage and payment)
- Strong sales management skills, including sales analytics related to forecasting, sales planning, and pipeline management, particularly in the medical device industry, and preferably in the women's health sector.
- Expertise in training and developing sales teams in sales techniques, performance improvement, and coaching/counseling within the medical device industry.
- Solid strategic sales competency and business analytics, particularly for medical device sales, encompassing sales planning, economic selling models, and resource management.
- Thorough knowledge of the hospital purchasing process.
- The ability to translate and project both territory and regional opportunities through the sales plan and compensation program.
- Proficiency in recruiting and motivating exceptional sales talent.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, and listening abilities.
- Strong negotiation and influence management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with employees, customers, and the Company.
- Effective computer literacy, including proficiency in customer relationship management programs.
- The ability to prepare sales plans, analyze sales activities, and generate reports in line with Company procedures.
- A goal-oriented mindset with a strong drive for results.
- Exceptional time management skills, allowing you to perceive, prioritize, and manage critical issues effectively.
- High energy level, self-motivation, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities.
- High integrity and adherence to business ethics.
- Intellectual honesty and tactful candor in effective communication with customers, colleagues, and superiors.
- The ability to interact effectively and comfortably with medical, scientific, business, and investor communities.
- Proven leadership skills with both customers and employees.
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction.